• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Wow, that was a mistake (what mistakes have you made?)

I can;'t sleep tonight after another errant frog decided to make my living room it's home (Notice I say another). After my catch and release maneuvers I decided to munch on something. 

What someone should not eat at 6am is a morova because I felt like it. Yeah that was a mistake. I wasn't expecting the heat and its six am and I had no milk. It got me thinking and I wanted to know what things you guys have done. :) I'm sure your stories are much better then mine. 

I frequently touch my face without thinking, and I like to chop habs and bhuts without protection.

Sometimes that combination leads me to pain, I've definitely been classically conditioning myself.
Don't touch face!

Peeing or taking my contacts out within 24 hours of cutting up habs or hotter. Gloves and hand washing do not seem to make a difference. I still end up in pain.

BTW, OP, I'm digging your signature. Very true!

eating a reaper then drinking milk to cool the pain.. oh did i mention i'm lactose intolerant?
30 minutes later my stomach in knots, blehhh.

Next time i'll get almond milk

I had half a cup of homemade very hot, hot sauce leftover, that wouldn't fit in the bottles I wanted it in so I just gulped it down.

I started feeling COLD and like someone had kicked me in the stomach very hard, started going into shock and stayed that way for half an hour... then 15 minutes later it was like it never happened.

. . . another errant frog decided to make my living room it's home (Notice I say another). After my catch and release maneuvers I decided to munch on something.

So, the mistake was eating a "morova" instead of frog legs.

Ok, I'll spill a little more.  She invited me to a party.  When we got there it was just she and I and her gay friend with rainbow hair.  He went to bed and we got busy on the couch (while unbeknownst to me He watched through a crack in the door.  YUCK) it was a one night stand that ended up lasting two years somehow.  Whoa...  

I went potty after playing with reapers the other day. That was also a bad idea lol. Worse then touching my face (which I seem to do). MUCH worse. 

SO maybe eating it and burning my tongue off wasn't the worst thing I've done...

Slizarus said:
I frequently touch my face without thinking, and I like to chop habs and bhuts without protection.

Sometimes that combination leads me to pain, I've definitely been classically conditioning myself.
Don't touch face!
yes and be sure you pee "no handed" LOL

Reactions: SL3
...easy
Eating my first reaper some time back, and not being prepared for the onslaught I was about to encounter. I was FAR underprepared for face melting destruction that ensued!
...as well, I once tried deseeding about 10 reapers, and 10 nagas without gloves. All went fine, but my hands burned for about two days :/

These are your friends:

playtex-60-count-medium-disposable-food-prep-gloves.jpg

Nitrile, latex free, inexpensive.

Having said that, I went all season last year without an "incident" until one morning I was washing dishes.  I had chopped some brain strain chilis on a plate, while wearing gloves etc. the previous evening.   I'd left the plate in the sink and without thinking picked it up with bare hands to wash it.   A few minutes later I wiped my face with the back of my hand.   Instantly, I was almost blinded by the burn.    I groped my way to the bathroom and stood with my face in the shower for 10 minutes.

Whew!

Picture if you will...

mrs. blues gets home from work and is in the shower. I'm feeling goodern' hell as I'm about to get some. Meanwhile I finish cleaning up from making a batch of hot sauce. And then eat 250mg of Niagra. mrs. blues comes out of the shower. Woot!
And then her phone rings...stinkin' payroll software shit the bed. "sorry honey I gotta' go back to work pronto. Maybe tomorrow?"
And then she was gone. WTF was I gonna' do now? I just ate 250mg of Niagra!!!

30 minutes later I was burnin' like a $2 whore.

I do use gloves. I think these SOBs are cheap because it seems to leach through the glove. I even washed my hands well afterwords and I still harmed myself lol. Ya know...these are the gloves they used to change a tube that went straight into my heart when I was going through chemo... I feel like I could have died at any moment now.   :confused:

texas blues said:
Picture if you will...

mrs. blues gets home from work and is in the shower. I'm feeling goodern' hell as I'm about to get some. Meanwhile I finish cleaning up from making a batch of hot sauce. And then eat 250mg of Niagra. mrs. blues comes out of the shower. Woot!
And then her phone rings...stinkin' payroll software shit the bed. "sorry honey I gotta' go back to work pronto. Maybe tomorrow?"
And then she was gone. WTF was I gonna' do now? I just ate 250mg of Niagra!!!

30 minutes later I was burnin' like a $2 whore.

Should've worn the gloves!    

:rofl: :rofl:

Koreansoul said:
I do use gloves. I think these SOBs are cheap because it seems to leach through the glove. I even washed my hands well afterwords and I still harmed myself lol. Ya know...these are the gloves they used to change a tube that went straight into my heart when I was going through chemo... I feel like I could have died at any moment now.   :confused:
if they were latex it will leak through had a little fiasco with them once OUCH!!!, the only ones i know that work and are still cost effective are the blue nitrile type
i get mine at home depot where i work

thanks your friend Joe

I now use the blue nitriles ( that I steal from work) but used the grey nitriles from costco (used to steal from work) for a few years with no problem.

Just to be clear, I use these with peppers, not girls.... well...... ah never mind

Back