• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

water Water damage

So about 2 and a half years ago I planted some butch ts in some really shitty soil because I was stupid. Last year I got really bad water damage when it rained every day practically all day for 3 weeks, but managed to survive. This year I thought I was being vigilant about moving them under cover every time it rains, but I go out today and every single leaf on one branch is droopy, all the other branches perfectly fine. I went ahead and cut the branch but then got to thinking about it and realized I should have asked if that's what I should have done..

For future reference, did I do the right thing?(besides repotting in better soil, I suppose that is the thing I should have done after last year...)

I'm not a pro but I my self would have let it be for a bit. Our plants are pretty strong and though. But I really don't think you have hurt it.

They look nice and happy in the morning, I usually don't get that heat droop until noon+. It was also literally one branch(and all the forks on that branch) that had the droopy leaves. The leaves drooping all on 1 branch is exactly what happened last year when I know for sure it was water damage, I've never seen just 1 branches leaves droop when they just needed water or it was too hot. I actually moved the plant from slightly shaded area to sunny area to try to help it dry out some and no other leaves drooped for the rest of the day, it stayed just that 1 branch.(I moved them around noon and cut the branch around 6, there was no improvement over that whole time.

Every single leaf on only one branch is likely a sign that the branch itself was damaged by weight of the rain and/or wind.

Back