• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Exotic Fruit

gardenkiller said:
I read that too, but the price for seeds makes it a no grow for me. Would be fun to trick people that come over though!

I'm finding the seeds to be around the same price as good peppers, but since there's a high demand they are hard to find...:(

Since these trick your taste buds, I wonder if you could down a dozen Naga's without any pain?

Tricks the tongue but not your gastrointestinal system... Kind of like pouring lime juice in your nose so that you can down a fifth of bourbon without flinching. Just you wait 15 minutes for the full effect

Apparently it takes 4 to 10 years for it to give fruit. :shocked:
Is there a hormonal method of forcing it to do it sooner? physically the plant is large enough in a couple of months, so it must be hormonal, right?

Omri said:
Apparently it takes 4 to 10 years for it to give fruit. :shocked:
Is there a hormonal method of forcing it to do it sooner? physically the plant is large enough in a couple of months, so it must be hormonal, right?

I was going to ask the exact same question.

about 6 bucks for 3 seeds , heck if you get one of them to grow you could make your money back by just selling seeds

It sounds interesting, but if vinegar tastes like applejuice with it, why not drink applejuice. If limes taste like candy, why not just eat candy? I would try it if offered, but I don't see the big deal.

rabbit said:
It sounds interesting, but if vinegar tastes like applejuice with it, why not drink applejuice. If limes taste like candy, why not just eat candy? I would try it if offered, but I don't see the big deal.

I believe it's just the fact that this fruit allows you to do this that makes it's so hip. But, on the flip side as an example, drinking vinegar is extremely beneficial! I'm sure there's people with major issues being unable to ingesting certain foods/liquids just because of the taste, such as myself not being able to bite into a tomato or I'll immediately vomit, perhaps something like this could be our salvation?

I'm like that with tomatoes and fruit pastries. Apple cobbler, stuff like that. Hot, mushy fruits do not mix with my palate.

Yes and anyone else who dosen't like tomatoes, so many kids hate them but will eat tomato ketchup, pasta sauce, pizza, etc, but give them a tomato and they're like, "Whoa, don't come near me with that thing".

Back