First year in Danish climate

Hey,

Haven't checked the other threads at all, yet, so not sure what I should put in here.
I guess something chili-related.

I've got 4 plants, Aji Cristal, Datil Sweet, Bolivian Rainbow & Naga Morich. Some are in better shape than others. :D

I guess my Aji is worst off. I basically didn't prune the plants at all to begin with, only when my Aji actually fell down from my window sill did I start pruning.
10421443_10152333792273337_2691127710041155943_n.jpg

Datil Sweet (Yellow) is doing alright. I didn't nip any flowers on this one, as it was a bit of a late bloomer. So I figured that whatever happens will happen. :D It turned out alright.
10537020_10152337394718337_1010257594708625523_n.jpg

Bolivian Rainbow is doing alright too. It's beginning to develop its rainbow of colors, and I'm really looking forward to harvesting. I failed to grow ANYTHING from my first attempt, so I ran out of seeds before I finally succeeded. I really need to de-seed one or two of the best looking peppers on this one. :D
10492470_10152333790628337_1385405271316624289_n.jpg
10501909_10152337395078337_1690781155959866560_n.jpg

Finally, Naga Morich. I didn't nip any flowers off this guy either. I'm not really sure how to feel about this plant. Probably mostly because it scares me more than it intrigues me. :D
10552593_10152333790283337_4420069684215593213_n.jpg

Anyway, I have one window sill, and this is my line-up. :D
Flavor/heat-wise, I'm probably looking forward to the Aji the most. It's supposed to end up around 6-7 / 10 (Datil 3, Bolivian Rainbow 8, Naga Morich 10+++ (according to vendor))

As the topic name mentions, this is my first year growing (like, at all. I didn't even have decorative plants before this). I'm quite happy with my results. All the chilis are in very small pots though. In hindsight, I should probably have gotten larger pots. :P
I give them around 1/4 dose fertilizer, but I add it every time I water them.

If I could ask one question in my intro-thread, it would be this... When are the chilis done? I.e. my Datil is supposed to be done when it's yellow, but are the peppers ready as soon as they change color, or should they be left of the plant for a little bit after they've changed color? I've read that my Aji's are supposed to be best mid-way through ripening, so I'll try to let one fully ripen on that one, so I can compare. But going back to the Datil, the right fruit was almost completely yellow before the left one started changing. Both took a day and a half to turn yellow.

Anyway, I think that's enough rambling for now. I was supposed to be on my way out anyway, haha.
Thanks for stopping by. :)

:welcome:

well your peppers look wonderful!! i know if the climate is as good for Brewing Carlsberg Elephant beer then your peppers are gonna be awesome too!! LOL ;)

i have friends who are Danish there last name is Oberdorf and there are a few other Danes on here i am proud to call friend also

thanks your friend Joe

kouts5 said:
:welcome: from Greece. Even if its 1/4 of the dose, isn't a bit much to add it every time you water them?

Honestly, I have no clue. :D

I'm just worried that since I don't have any big pots, and my priorities are elsewhere, the content of the pots are probably mostly roots by now. :P So if I water them with no additives, I fear I'll flush nutrients away from the roots.

I can't say I've given it much thought, I just picked something and went with it.
The plants are looking sickly yet, so I haven't yet been prompted to reassess my approach. :)

Mncdk said:

Honestly, I have no clue. :D

I'm just worried that since I don't have any big pots, and my priorities are elsewhere, the content of the pots are probably mostly roots by now. :P So if I water them with no additives, I fear I'll flush nutrients away from the roots.

I can't say I've given it much thought, I just picked something and went with it.
The plants are looking sickly yet, so I haven't yet been prompted to reassess my approach. :)

Your plants look fantastic, so I guess you can keep doing the 1/4 thing  :drooling:

Damn, I thought I was a rookie, but damn.
I just tried my Datil Sweet, and I'm in pain. :D

I had to get a small bowl of yogurt. Argh, now it's coming back.

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Back