• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

The Chocolate Brain Strain beats the living crap out of me!

This is the strain developed by Pepperlover.com, grown hydroponically by Garret Peck of PexPeppers. Thanks a lot!

This is an unedited trainwreck...........

The initial aroma was indistinct, with no sweetness or fruitiness. Generally, all I can describe it as was a brown superhot smell, but not a strong one.

The flavor was somewhat similar to the aroma. Mild, indistinct brown superhot flavors with zero sweetness or fruitiness. The more i chewed the more the flavor had a bitter, metallic quality, with a touch of dish soap to round it off. Mmmm.

Initially, there was no heat at all, possibly for as long as 45-60 seconds of chewing. Then someone hit me over the head and mouth with a baseball bat and we were off to the races. What can I say, other than I was in excruciating pain as soon as it hit and for the following minutes, all I can remember is the pain. I had very painful hot tears within seconds of the heat hitting my mouth and couldn`t open my eyes easily. My nose ran, my body erupted in what I can only describe as human rain. But the pain, Oh the pain! 

This is the hottest thing I`ve ever eaten to this point (July 2014) and it produced a gigantic wave of endorphins that made me shake from head to toe and lasted 15-20 minutes. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECvPn7mF4mU&feature=youtu.be

Nigel, I almost felt bad for you!  ;) ..It's amazing what you'll do for our (cowards) entertainment. Great job as usual! I guess the Savannah and Madballz have been unseated..Kudos to Garret and Judy!!!

Looked like Bill couldn't get off the camera quick enough!! Interesting that he and Nigel both mentioned "panic mode"...Nasty pepper you got there, Judy!!!

PepperLover said:
Nice review, now i need to set u up for Chocolate Lava  and see which one u think is worse :)

here is a related video, 
its not just u who found this one to be so brutal Nigel 

Bill is such a good reviewer. Glad it`s not just me!

Nigel glad to see you made it through ok. I never thought I would worry watching one of your reviews, but I really kept saying to myself he  is going down any minute, I really thought you were going to hit the floor. Man, thank you for being the sentinel pepper man. Please never send me those seeds even if I'm tempted to ask.

Nigel said:
Bill is such a good reviewer. Glad it`s not just me!
Oh yes, his reactions were similar to yours mainly the eyes burn, to me it felt like smoke or steam was coming out my eyes when i tried a bite the size of pea. . whole body shaking. the worse thing is the internal pain it leaves for hours. i will never dare eat one of those.,not even cook with 

Holy crap... Nigel, you're a machine. I too, like the way you do your videos, and this is from someone who doesn't like to watch people eat hahaha.

Judy, you create pure insanity lol.

Nice pod, Pex. I don't think I'd wanna try something that will leave me half dead for hours and hours.

Back