• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Heat Stroke Review

Hey guys, just wanted to leave a quick review for a local in my town. Nothing fancy like a video. :)

I picked up a bottle of Heat Stroke from Daniel a couple weeks ago, and he was extremely generous and gave me a second bottle at no charge! Super friendly and cool guy to say the least.

Heat Stroke is a tomato-base hot sauce, which I thought was interesting as I had never tried one before. I've since had it with various foods (hot dogs, tacos, etc), and I have to say this sauce is pretty awesome! I've pretty much replaced ketchup with this hot sauce. However, it does have a lot of (awesome) flavor, so it may overpower the flavors of a subtle dish. The only thing I wanted to change was the heat level as it's quite mild (for me), so I've been mixing it with some naga jolokia hot sauce. I know he's working on expanding his line with a hotter sauce right now though, so it's definitely something I look forward to!

Thanks again, Daniel, for the awesome sauce! :)

Do you know what peppers are in Heat Stroke? I like Datil Sauce, and the recipes I've found use tomato ketchup. My Datil plants are about to produce an abundance of ripe pods, and I'll be making sauce. As an experiment this year, I'm going to use the Datils when I make Annie's Salsa, which is tomato based.

Back