• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Texas people where you at?

Well, I'm moving to Fort Worth, Texas to start a new job as a fresh college grad and I'm looking to find some pepper people out here! So if anyone is around the area hit me up! I'd love to chat or meet up some time.

Also, it looks like I'll be moving into an apartment so growing will be very difficult considering I have several different type of seeds already and was planning on growing several types.

PrimeTime said:
umm they are at in texas no?

That they would be. I guess I should specifically state as to where in Texas do they reside. Slang and whatnot. Ask if anyone would be close to me. 

queequeg152 said:
what did you study.

Civil Engineering, specifically Structural engineering.

When are you moving? A few of us get together and have tacos and eat/trade/grow peppers. More than welcome to join in. Trying to do it once a month but you know families and vacations and work....but still more than welcome to join us. I'll shoot you a message when we get the next date set up. What part of the Fort are you moving to?

Chewi said:
When are you moving? A few of us get together and have tacos and eat/trade/grow peppers. More than welcome to join in. Trying to do it once a month but you know families and vacations and work....but still more than welcome to join us. I'll shoot you a message when we get the next date set up. What part of the Fort are you moving to?

That's awesome!!!

I actually moved already. I moved this past weekend to the Ridgmar region of Fort Worth. It's close to work and everything else really. I'd love to join, it sounds like a lot of fun. I've actually seen some banners at the Local HEB near me saying they are having a Chili contest from August 6th through the 19th I think. It might be the 20th I can't remember exactly.

so you are working for Lockheed?...

welcome to our Fair City ....

and it's not a chili contest...it is the annual Hatch Chili Pepper festival Central Market put's on every year...

AlabamaJack said:

and it's not a chili contest...it is the annual Hatch Chili Pepper festival Central Market put's on every year...

AJ you care to join us next time for some grub? P.S. my guess would be Lockheed too.

AlabamaJack said:

Hey AJ!

Thank you! I've had a warm welcome here. It's different from Louisiana for sure but it's nice. I feel like I'm constantly in need of water though. It's pretty dry.

Everyone asks me that but amazingly no. I work for a smaller firm nearby. We mostly do nuclear engineering and a little industrial.

Ah ok, I just saw it the other day when I stopped by. It seems like a fun time. I'll have to check it out since I live so close.

we are probably less than 5 miles apart..I live on the west side of town 1/2 mile north of 30 1 mile outside the 820 loop

I am a retired engineer from Lockheed....

AlabamaJack said:
yes sir Chewi...would love to do it...I am just now coming out of my shell after the divorce

Right on! The more the merrier! Since we are both west side I bet I can convince the others to meet closer.

AlabamaJack said:
we are probably less than 5 miles apart..I live on the west side of town 1/2 mile north of 30 1 mile outside the 820 loop

I am a retired engineer from Lockheed....

Very nice! What discipline?

Yup we live very close. My place is right off I-30 on Ridgmar blvd and my work office is about 3 blocks from my place.

Why not everyone get together and go hit up the chili pepper festival?

only thing is its a million degrees outside :fireball:

I need to have some food to go with the peppers that appear from Wes and Jimmy Sweet. Speaking of Hatch...I had one the other day that lit me up good. Never had a hot one before! Had to have been as hot as a good Jap.

HA no doubt AJ...no way no how going to the D.

LS929 said:

Very nice! What discipline?

Yup we live very close. My place is right off I-30 on Ridgmar blvd and my work office is about 3 blocks from my place.

Why not everyone get together and go hit up the chili pepper festival?

Mechanical Engineering....specialty engineering...R&M....I was responsible for keeping all the numbers associated with the F-35 at the aircraft level that were rolled up from system/subsystem/subsubsystem/etc...my excel spreadsheet was massive...

whether anyone goes with me or not, I will be at the Hatch festival...I will have to have some fresh to smoke and eat, grill and eat, eat raw, stuff, etc....it starts tomorrow and I will be there...

Chewi said:
only thing is its a million degrees outside :fireball:

I need to have some food to go with the peppers that appear from Wes and Jimmy Sweet. Speaking of Hatch...I had one the other day that lit me up good. Never had a hot one before! Had to have been as hot as a good Jap.

HA no doubt AJ...no way no how going to the D.

they have shade there Chewi... ;)

That sounds crazy! I would of loved to seen the work you did. My father worked on A-10s for years in the Air Force. Being able to actually produce planes like the F-35 would of been a dream. 

I'm definitely going tomorrow myself but it will have to be after work for me so probably around 5:30ish. 

I will meet you there at 5:30....I will be the one with the Auburn T-Shirt on and Auburn University Ball Cap...shirt basically orange, cap navy blue

Back