• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Sicmans Mystery Pod...Yum

These pods were awesome to say the least. they have a very thin flesh and a chunky placenta, really cool bright red color clad with purple spots. The inside colors are very creepy, there are faint purple streaks on the walls that look like veins. take the seeds out and look closely at the inside and it looks like a freshly dissected mammal heart. The flavor on this thing is off the charts for me. I found the fruit flavors to be of dark fruits, some kind of dark berry maybe. Its perfume was very subtle and uniquely herbal. Let me also say this, if I eat a third of a green bell pepper. I get much worse gut problems than these give me. Yea I get the hot exit, but none of the burning lump of coal in my gut or cap cramps.

Awesome flavor and no cap cramps=Top of my 2015 list.        Cheers! THP and Thx again Sic

sorry there is minute of blank tape at the end(dang editors)but my camera lady Rocks!
http://youtu.be/Sff6GafywVU

youre right on about looking like a heart.  the pods are very cool im intrested to see what the seeds will bring us?   im going to plant a few myself and cross my fingers that they dont end up all being jalapenos next time around.

burning burrows :rofl:   never heard it called that i dig.

You know what's funny Hogleg? I'm sitting here watching you're video and i'm wearing that same shirt and tan dickies too! LOL.
Anyhow... Great review. Go A's.

Say thas a bad, Outfit you runnin Nate. :rofl:  that's too funny

sicman said:
youre right on about looking like a heart.  the pods are very cool im intrested to see what the seeds will bring us?   im going to plant a few myself and cross my fingers that they dont end up all being jalapenos next time around.

burning burrows :rofl:   never heard it called that i dig.
Not sure i will be able to wait til next year. I may fire up my bedroom closet for the mystery pepper. It would be nice to knock out a few generations indoors. I'll throw the dang clothes on the floor dammit.

I meant a Mar-Burrow.  :rofl:  you silly goose. "some one check Sics for a fever, I think Sic is getting sic." :P

Good job hogleg. Like the fact you get some time to taste it before the heat comes on. Really like your description of the flavors. Sounds like my kind of pepper. Let us know if you settle on a name so we will know what to look for in the future. Very interested in following this one.

Nice job. Gotta love the good ol' Rapala. I don't have many ripe pods yet up north here, but when they come I'll send some your way to review if you'd like.

SL3 said:
Good job hogleg. Like the fact you get some time to taste it before the heat comes on. Really like your description of the flavors. Sounds like my kind of pepper. Let us know if you settle on a name so we will know what to look for in the future. Very interested in following this one.
I guess I should have addressed the name part to Sicman. So how about it Sicman you going to work with this one? Are you going to give it a name other than Mystery Pod. Sounds like a keeper if you can duplicate it.

Excellent review.  You've got a nice natural flow hogleg.  Great work.

muskymojo said:
Nice job. Gotta love the good ol' Rapala. I don't have many ripe pods yet up north here, but when they come I'll send some your way to review if you'd like.
One of the greatest knives for the price in the history of cuttlery Imo. Nothing cuts thru pods like a nice fillet knife. Cant understand why people use kitchen or pocket knives but to each his own.
I wasn't planning on getting into the pod reviewing biz. but after tasting TMP I knew it needed a review. If the great people of THP don't find me too annoying, I could do some more though. your offer is generous, I don't see why not.

Thank you for the kind words everyone.

I know everyone digest differently. but if the no cap cramps and flavor can be stabilized. I have no doubt this will be a great advancement in pepperology. :P

Daaamn hogleg, I haden't pictured you but you look a lot like the beardo that taught me to grow. Nuts, now I want my gratuitous facial hair back haha. Great review, and love the phillet knife. Sure as hell could have used that a week ago when I butchered a fish with a chopper XD

SL3 said:
I guess I should have addressed the name part to Sicman. So how about it Sicman you going to work with this one? Are you going to give it a name other than Mystery Pod. Sounds like a keeper if you can duplicate it.
yes we are going to keep growing it out and see what it does. as far as a name, ill wait and see what happens with the next grow.

Love the review, especially in the beginning when you were making it look like you just bit into a bell pepper. All smooth and casual when you say it's hotter than a bhut. Damn I got a long ways to go, I can do a orange hab but a chocolate hab chopped me in the throat.

Back