• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Few Pod Shots

Would just like to share a few Pod shots from my season so far as it would seem all i have done is start problem threads. 

Barrackpores:

IMG_4953_zps66bc68f7.jpg
IMG_4955_zpsc17b7b86.jpg
IMG_4957_zps14a62bc1.jpg

Yellow 7's

IMG_4964_zps13eed4d2.jpg

Brainstrains

IMG_4898_zps54cd6d08.jpg
IMG_4902_zps431a1545.jpg

Moruga's

IMG_4897_zpsc9baa868.jpg
IMG_4769_zps9c70d9bb.jpg

I also have Dorest Naga, Bengle Naga, T-Scorps and Red Savina's,

Chucky1991 said:
Wow you're so far ahead of me, my plants have only started to grow flowers and one has a pod that isn't even fully grown haha.
I'm in the UK :)

All the plants pictured where sowed back in February.

This is just a small selection of pods, all of my plants are podding up nicely. A few of my plants from other seasons have ripe pods.

scotchnaga85 said:

This is just a small selection of pods, all of my plants are podding up nicely. A few of my plants from other seasons have ripe pods.

I am in the UK too, the weather is decent, it's 28 here, but some of my stems/nodes turned brown and fell off completely, not sure if it's the heat or I have over watered them, I normally give them 1 litre of water each, they are in 15 litre pots.

Chucky1991 said:

I am in the UK too, the weather is decent, it's 28 here, but some of my stems/nodes turned brown and fell off completely, not sure if it's the heat or I have over watered them, I normally give them 1 litre of water each, they are in 15 litre pots.
Over past few days it's been high 20's & low 30's. However the garden has been as hot as 38C... Goodness knows how warm the growhouses got, but I've had to move the plants out of them.

It could be a fungus causing the stem problems.

scotchnaga85 said:
Over past few days it's been high 20's & low 30's. However the garden has been as hot as 38C... Goodness knows how warm the growhouses got, but I've had to move the plants out of them.

It could be a fungus causing the stem problems.

But all the other pods/stems are fine and look healthy, it has only happened recently as we have a storm where it rained loads and I watered them a bit this week as well because the top of the compost was dry.

Chucky1991 said:

But all the other pods/stems are fine and look healthy, it has only happened recently as we have a storm where it rained loads and I watered them a bit this week as well because the top of the compost was dry.
Sorry I thought you said your stems went brown and dropped off.

Would need a picture to get a better idea ;)

scotchnaga85 said:
Sorry I thought you said your stems went brown and dropped off.

Would need a picture to get a better idea ;)

They fell off so I can't get a picture, there was about 3 that it happened too, will do more picture if it happens again, will stop watering so much, how often do you water your plants?

And with how much water?

It depends, sometimes daily sometime every other day. It also depends on which plants, some are in bigger pots then others, some are mature and need less water, some sit at the back of the growhouses so less sun shines on the pots, some plants are bigger.

Regarding the amount, if they're are wilted then I will pour until water comes out the bottom.. however if the soil is really dry it kind of shrinks and the water runs straight down the inside of the pots, in this case I will water extra. I normally rely on how the light the pot feels and the look of the plants, sometimes i will just give them a little water... I also keep an eye on what the weather forecast is for the next day. Cloudy and cool then I won't add water to half watered pots, but if it's expected to be sunny/ showery then they get water.

A few off my Brainstrain plants

On this plate are: Moruga's, Barrackpore's, Bengle Naga's, and one lonely Trinidad Scorpion.

I have many more Moruga's almost ready to harvest, i am however going to leave them to turn a darker shade of red before harvesting.

Back