• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

This is it! (One small snafu though...)

Been watching and waiting, watering and tending, and now, it is finally, HARVEST TIME!  Well, just my first small batch of stuffing peppers.  Got some Hungarian wax and hot banana for stuffing...  YUM!  

But OMG do I have a green thumb!  Although I have to admit, that I had a large setback.  Everyone in my neighborhood gave up on gardening with the old deer problem that has been somehow fixed.  Sooo....  my garden is now an oasis for every small critter and groundhogs.  They especially loved my favorite Jalapinos.  Cry......  Chewed those and most of my hot lemon drop down to nothing.  The habaneros got hit a bit also.  Never touched the Hungarian wax though...  (I do have 10 patio plants of all types that were not touched.)

So I went to Amazon and bought a water scarecrow.  That thing is amazing! And all of my plants have recovered.  Although I will be having a later harvest on those plants affected.)  What still gets past are the tiny baby bunnies.  But they have just been chewing on my baby lettuce and spinach mostly now.  My husband calls those last minute throw in plants my decoys.

I do have one really strange Hungarian Wax plant. The thin peppers start off growing down like Hot banana, and are a very pale yellow color.  Has the double ring on top like the Banana peppers also.  Also, the pods start off yellow vs. green, which is odd, since neither the Hungarian or banana peppers start off yellow.  I will try one tomorrow to see how it is.

Anyways, I have been drooling over my Jalapinos and have been very tempted to pick them now before they are fully grown.  I am dying to slap some on a burger, YUM!

Great to hear you saved your harvest and found something that works. I kinda want one of this now.

Last year I think I had rats getting my tomatoes. Never was cretin I know how devastating it is to see your labor of love dead or gone because of a pest.

So did you get vid of groundhogs jumping in air after getting hit? :onfire:

HurtsGood said:
Great to hear you saved your harvest and found something that works. I kinda want one of this now.

Last year I think I had rats getting my tomatoes. Never was cretin I know how devastating it is to see your labor of love dead or gone because of a pest.

So did you get vid of groundhogs jumping in air after getting hit? :onfire:
Nah, no video.  Although it would have been kewl to catch.  It likely will not catch rats since it misses my baby bunnies.   But mine gets butterflies and birds.  So maybe it is just that I need to aim a few inches lower?  It is known to not be very good with very small critters. 

At first it broke my heart when my HUGE cat just pranced right through, but then I adjusted the sensitivity.  I didn't realize that my husband didn't have it all the way up.  So now my Teddy Bearz takes a fast run past the garden when he goes further in the back.  My girl Maine Coon freezes in place so as to not set it off again.  Then she moves an inch at a time. She suffers so much more like that.   Until I run and shut it off for her.  Pitiful...  LOL...

Oh and some of my Jalapinos are ready!  I had to check my seed packet since they didn't seem to be getting any bigger.  I guess I decided against the Jumbo Jalapinos.  Burger time on my next day off!  YUM!

Back