• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite Aji Lemon/Pineapple Pods...Favorite uses?

I know this is a very popular pepper here. I have about 5 plants, total, growing, so I'd appreciate your input as to how you like to use them. I've used them to make pepper cheese, however, I've never heard of an Aji Lemon pepper sauce, but, I think that would be well worth pursuing.

Jelly or powder. I've found lemon drop powder is amazing on seafood. Lemon drip jelly is great as well and going to be making an aji pineapple/pineapple jelly this year.

Thanks. Jellys and powders are my two least favorite ways to use peppers! Just sayin"! To each his own. I guess I'm a sauce, and pickling guy, mainly. Besides morning toast, I don't really know how to use jelly, and, I'm not a breakfast eater. Powders offer little more than heat, that I can taste. But, I admit, maybe I'm not using them properly. Educate me, please. Again, than you.

What you do is you put them in a box and send them to me! ;)
But in all seriousness they are awesome for powder, sauce and delicious fresh!
They also make a very nice chile oil and I make vinegar out of them to make hot sauce and vinnaigrette

Roguejim said:
Powders offer little more than heat, that I can taste. But, I admit, maybe I'm not using them properly. Educate me, please. Again, than you.

Powders will lose their taste as they age, every growing season I chuck out my old powder/flakes and make room for the fresh powder/flakes.  I am more of a pepper flake guy, I like the crunch and the little blasts of heat you get with flakes.  Powders dont do much for me, to me powder loses it flavor faster than the flakes. 

Maybe I am crazy, lol

Back