• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Naga Morich (Native Bangladesh Strain) From Pepper Lover

http://youtu.be/MYgoofkK5lo

Naga Morich - FromBangladesh  Naga Morich meaning 'snake or serpent pepper’. One of the hottest peppers you will ever grow. Even though, it is not the hottest pepper in the world, it is still extremely hot and favored over many other superhot for making hot sauce due to its natural acidic/vinegar like flavor. Relatively small plant can be productive in the extended growing season areas

I  found this pepper to be extremely hot. Very fruity and slightly floral.

www.pepperlover.com
http://thehotpepper.com/user/2187-pepperlover/

Another excellent review James, amazing fat pod i believe it was pretty tough to handle ;)
Naga Morich was the very first superhot grown in Italy and it's still one of my favs.
It's pretty overlooked nowadays but it can easily competes in heat with most of the "trendy" hybrids imho (i remember it peaked at 1.5m shu in unofficial tests).
It has also a pretty manageable growing pattern, produces heaps, it's thin fleshed and easy to dry and handle the cold well enough... need i say more?!?

Cya

Datil

rick_pitcher said:
Nice review
Thanks for watching
Datil said:
Another excellent review James, amazing fat pod i believe it was pretty tough to handle ;)
Naga Morich was the very first superhot grown in Italy and it's still one of my favs.
It's pretty overlooked nowadays but it can easily competes in heat with most of the "trendy" hybrids imho (i remember it peaked at 1.5m shu in unofficial tests).
It has also a pretty manageable growing pattern, produces heaps, it's thin fleshed and easy to dry and handle the cold well enough... need i say more?!?

Cya

Datil
Thanks! I enjoy the flavor and heat of the Naga. I will put them on my grow list for sure.

Beerswimmer said:
Naga Morich grows great here, well into freezing temps. They also put out TONS of pods!!! 
Thanks! Definitely growing next season. has enough heat for me. I'll be trying the Dorset Naga later.

I have some Naga viper seeds I did not plant this year, but after seeing this and all feedback on easy growth and productivity of the Morich , as well as your comment on good for making hot sauce I will have to give this one a try. I'll probably try a couple pods from Judy first to see what I think. But eat one whole I will not!

SL3 said:
I have some Naga viper seeds I did not plant this year, but after seeing this and all feedback on easy growth and productivity of the Morich , as well as your comment on good for making hot sauce I will have to give this one a try. I'll probably try a couple pods from Judy first to see what I think. But eat one whole I will not!
I'm sure Judy will help you out on the right seeds. Thanks for watching! :drooling:

Back