• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

First Reaper Pods....

Hi there.  I am just very excited as I had a good glimpse of what I believe are the first two pods of Satan himself forming.  I was worried that I would not see one as I live in Manitoba, and have a short growing season.  Hell, I don't even have any Bhut, or Moruga pods yet!  Anyways, I was happy and wanted to share a couple of pictures.

pEgeSqi.jpg

IPXgMDF.jpg

Jim Nardello, trinidad perfume, hungarian wax, early california wonder, 7 pot douglah, caribbean red, carolina reaper, rocoto, trinidad moruga scorpion, bhut jolokia, brainstrain, east indian/bird chili, white bhut jolokia, 7 pod jonah, early jalapeño, and I think that's it. Oh yeah, numex twilight!

I love the pod shape on these things. Some cool looking peppers!

You've got quite a few plants going! I'm jealous! 

This is my first year and I've got a single reaper plant, 3 aji limon, 3 datils, a black pearl, a mulato, and a prik chi faa. My datils are the only ones that seem to be struggling. Reapers are nice and healthy though!

May your plants push out more pods than you know what to do with!  :dance:

Thanks all.  Danm.  Got home from work today only to find with our above normal, and dry period that the pods had grown as well as #3 started showing its tail.  #3 looks like it may be the most awesome looking pod of the 3 yet, based on the curve on the tail.  Also, pods # 1 & 2 as they did some growing today, they also started to show signs of little bumps on them as well.  The only thing I am a bit concerned about is that they were open pollinated in close proximity to a Moruga Scorpion, that my seeds that I want to harvest may be a cross.  I may just have to try to isolate a pod for seeds. 

I will post pictures sometime this weekend, unless I get time tomorrow to take a few pictures, just that not much has changed, or will in a day or two.

Back