• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Black spots

I've been looking everywhere and i can't find any information about this. Nearly all of my habaneros have a single small black spot on them and its worrying me about their health. The fruits look great and healthy, and so do the plants, but i just dont understand why the fruit have a single almost uniform black spot on each. Just wanna know if they're edible and if theres anything i should do to help the plants if theyre hurt or ill.

Yeah sorry it's just a pain in the ass to get the pictures off my phone (my only camera) and i was hoping someone would just know what i was talking about. but here it is
dd95840d44.jpg

Additionally its been unusually rainy and humid this year, this is the first (really late) harvest since i moved them from the same pot into their own individual pots. I'm just an amateur so i haven't gotten into feeding my plants yet. That's all i can think of right now

it looks like either black spot or that is where a pepper weavel bored into the fruit....if each fruit has one black dot on it, it is probably pepper weavels...cut the pod in half and see if there is a maggot inside...if there is, the inside will have some black to it

yup...pepper weavels...and here's the kicker...it's too late to do anything about it...the pepper gnat/fly uses the ground in it's life cycle and unless you treat the soil, you are just spinning your wheels

Back