• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Gonna quit if.......

:mad:Grrrrrrr!!!I swear if this keeps up I
am gonna take a sledgehammer and smash all
my containers and plants in them. Last 2 days
and nights starting with Friday morning we had
really high winds so I had to bring my containers
in so today wind finally dies down I say ok
lets transplant the Naga and move it outside. It
went flawless didnt droop or wilt a little :)
so I then procede to move all the containers out
again then tonight arrgggggg high winds heavy
rain so I had to move em all back in. and tomorrow
calls for 15 20 mph winds which isnt bad but
2 of them I just worry about. These better be the
best tasting peppers EVER!! :lol: 1 Tabasco to transplant
then I have a 2 week window til all the rest get moved.
Why didnt you all tell me this would be so d*mn frustrating??:lol:
kidding of course

I think it was you that once spoke to me in a Yoda voice. Well...
*In a Yoda voice* Breath young Jedi...Breath...;)

Thought I'd return the favor. BTW, I am finding that growing these hot little buggers, I am learning a lot more than just about peppers...I think everything will be okay. So far my plants have survived 2 full days of rain, some of which was coming down in buckets and was accompanied by high winds. Then we had a heat wave where the sun felt as though it would peel your skin off and so far the plants seem to be taking this all in stride. Something I'm learning to do.

Talk about winds, we didn't even have a very strong wind today, but I moved a few plants outside to get a bit of the glorious winter sunshine Melbourne has thrown up, and I get home to find a few plants on a 45 degree angle :(

Looks like the soil in the newly potted plants hasnt compacted enough, so the long and thin stems just wilted like a marshmallow on a naked flame

I am sure they would be okay just paranoid a guess
I worked this had to get em this far to have the
damn weather mess it up for me :lol: its just the
bring em in ok take em out opps wait bring em in
ok take em out opps..... etc :lol::lol:

I know that it's hard to let them go off on their own, but I think from looking at your pictures, your plants will probably be okay. Plus, you can always stake them to help with the winds. But, I think they are stronger than you think. Have faith my friend...:)

Like an old song by Janis says, Just Try a lil harder, Just to let you know I been battling this wind for over a week now 50 mph plus thunderstorms, an tornados( Thank God it went by us). All my plants are looking like they are leaving the ground with their leaves pointing due north and the root ball was sticking out of the ground but you know what they say check me out I put a lil white flower out here and see what you think, ain't6 I pretty andjust in a few months I be hotter than the dickens and burn the day light out of ya. lol Just hang on and when I get that mood my loving lil wifey says , "Lord will provide" I just smile and say yeppers your right if its to be it will be.

I know exactly how you feel HPF. I just brought my plants back in this morning. This is the third time I have done this in a little over a week.
Been getting a lot of heavy storms this year. Very unusual, heavy rains, hail, n strong winds, 3, or 4 times a week.

HotPeppersFlyFishing said:
I am sure they would be okay just paranoid a guess
I worked this had to get em this far to have the
damn weather mess it up for me :lol: its just the
bring em in ok take em out opps wait bring em in
ok take em out opps..... etc :lol::lol:

Hey, I live in southeast Michigan as well. I know EXACTLY how the weather has been lately. I have to move my plants everyday to harden them off anyways. There's a giant pine tree in front of my house and it faces north. I get maybe an hour of direct sunlight on the edge of the deck if I'm lucky. I just put them out in the bed of my truck in the parking lot. Plenty of sun there. Also, there are quite a few more stormy days in the future as well. My white hab plant was leaning over yesterday, but honestly it was a little leggy. I put more soil around the stem and it seems ok so far. I think once the plants get strong enough they'll take some pretty good abuse. However, when your hardening them off it's a pain!!I love all of the rain we've been getting because the lakes have been low for a few years, but I want some plain old nice summer weather too. I went walleye fishing on Lake Erie with my father-in-law on Friday and we had to leave after a few hours. It was pretty rough and if I wasn't catching fish I would have left sooner. I felt like blowing chunks out there:shocked:. We did leave because there was a tornado watch though. So yeah, we've been having some crappy weather...lol!!

HPFF...the only thing I can say is patience and endurance...you just have to give them time and they will produce good for you...I was in the same boat before my first plantout and got burned (literally - sunscald on over 90 plants). They have recovered now but seem to have been stunted...my backups are doing much better than my first plantout and are growing like gang busters...

Hey OkieJoe...can you smell the nagas up your way?...the wind you are getting blows here first and man, like you say, it has been every bit of 50mph...25 sustained...they had a gust at DFW airport reported at 56mph...

AlabamaJack said:
HPFF...the only thing I can say is patience and endurance...you just have to give them time and they will produce good for you...I was in the same boat before my first plantout and got burned (literally - sunscald on over 90 plants). They have recovered now but seem to have been stunted...my backups are doing much better than my first plantout and are growing like gang busters...

Hey OkieJoe...can you smell the nagas up your way?...the wind you are getting blows here first and man, like you say, it has been every bit of 50mph...25 sustained...they had a gust at DFW airport reported at 56mph...
That would be a major bummer:( Over 90 plants!!:shocked:

Why do you keep bringing them in? They will take the wind I have not lost a pepper to the wind and I am getting the same as you just stick something in the pot so the plant can lean on it when the wind picks up. Try a old busted fishing rod. The wind will only make them stronger.

Dale

It has been bad here the last few days to. I have all of my plants staked though with either the metal hoop stakes or the kind you twist tie to. So far they have done pretty good. I have moved the potted plants around a little to gaurd against storms and stuff, but my in ground plants have snapped right back when the winds die.

Well I've pretty much given up on planting a garden this year. It hasn't stopped raining in weeks now and the garden is just soaked. I've planted the hydro and I'm going to take my healthiest plants and do them up in pots so I can get them going. It's going to be one of those years...

P_Schneider said:
Well I've pretty much given up on planting a garden this year. It hasn't stopped raining in weeks now and the garden is just soaked. I've planted the hydro and I'm going to take my healthiest plants and do them up in pots so I can get them going. It's going to be one of those years...

Same here in Iowa. Half of the garden is planted and all are drowning and will be dead soon. Too late to put anymore in cuz it'll be a week before it gets dry enough, and that's if we don't get more rain. I'll just tell everyone who asks about the empty garden that I am running a worm farm, or growing mud, or something. I feel your pain man, the weather has sucked!

The weather here has treated my plants just fine. High wind, heavy rain, heat now and all.
I put out a scorpion, Zambia, Red Congo, Red Fatali/Scorpion cross, Anaheim and a few others this morning. After the storm they look just fine.
..... plus I won't have to worry about watering the garden tomorrow.
This is growing weather now.

AL C. said:
The weather here has treated my plants just fine. High wind, heavy rain, heat now and all.
I put out a scorpion, Zambia, Red Congo, Red Fatali/Scorpion cross, Anaheim and a few others this morning. After the storm they look just fine.
..... plus I won't have to worry about watering the garden tomorrow.
This is growing weather now.

Eh, rub it in why don't ya! :mad:

Well thats it then tomorrow (after more storms predicted)
they are going out for good!!!:)Had some wicked sh8t today,
trees down power lines down garages on roofs garages split
in 2 but lucky most was north of me :)so they are
on their own now!!:lol:
oh btw the naga morich i transplanted saturday well
the thing is a freak today there is another bush
growing out from the side of it its getting a tiny bit
taller but getting very bushy all over is that normal,good,bad etc?????

I have been a little pissed about it being 7c max at night and about 16c during the day ...IN JUNE.
I have plants all over the place and the best ones are the ones I take in and out every day.
aphids are starting to be seen on some and that has me worried ...
hang in there and buy a hot sauce to hold you over .

HotPeppersFlyFishing said:
:mad:Grrrrrrr!!!I swear if this keeps up I
am gonna take a sledgehammer and smash all
my containers and plants in them. Last 2 days
and nights starting with Friday morning we had
really high winds so I had to bring my containers
in so today wind finally dies down I say ok
lets transplant the Naga and move it outside. It
went flawless didnt droop or wilt a little
so I then procede to move all the containers out
again then tonight arrgggggg high winds heavy
rain so I had to move em all back in. and tomorrow
calls for 15 20 mph winds which isnt bad but
2 of them I just worry about. These better be the
best tasting peppers EVER!! :lol: 1 Tabasco to transplant
then I have a 2 week window til all the rest get moved.
Why didnt you all tell me this would be so d*mn frustrating??
kidding of course

You're never gonna quit with my threats ;)

Back