• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Grillin' & Chillin' Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
AUGUST HEAT calls for:

Grillin' & Chillin'!

This is a grilling challenge. The main protein must be grilled over an open flame (direct cooking).

You must present one homemade beverage.

Choose a common singular* ingredient for both that ties the meal together. Example: Grilled mahi mahi tacos with homemade mango hot sauce and a mango jalapeno margarita. Fresh mango being the common ingredient. (Common ingredient must not be in anything pre-prepared. No bottled hot sauce with mango, and a mango drink. Homemade!)
  • Any protein for the entree.
  • Main protein must use the grill for entirety of cooking, and the majority of cooking must be over open flame. This allows for grilled wings to be sauteed in a sauce pan for hot wings, etc., as long as the grill is used for both! No "finishing on the grill." No foil. No pizza stones. This also means no electric "grilling." Open flame.
  • You may use other cooking methods for other portions of the meal including sides and complementary ingredients for the entree.
  • *Common ingredient must not be in anything pre-prepared. Singular ingredients only. Fresh, dried, frozen, as long as it is singular. Mango, jalapeno, tequila, black pepper, YES. Mango hot sauce, jalapeno relish, Old Bay, NO! SINGULAR! This may be a bit blurry but the rule of thumb is: If the ingredient you are using lists ingredients, do not use it. Liquor and beer are cohesive enough to be considered singular, but no prepared foods, sodas, sauces, spice blends, etc. Thinking ginger beer? No. Use ginger.
  • Post exact drink recipe.
READ: The 5 Rules for an eligible entry
PoL: .55
3 Pics MAX. One must be beverage.
ENDS SUNDAY 10 PM EDT

​BEGIN!

I am up to your challenge FryDad...as a tease...here are my ingredients...except for the liquor...and I may even add a couple...still 30.5 hrs to turn in

first tease..do you think I have enough spices?...if not, the cabinet above the stove is full and there are more on the shelf in the pantry...

08-01a-14001.jpg

skeered yet? :)

I had to take my reefer out of the picture... ;)

thanks Scovie...I was thinking today was Saturday...you know how it is when you are retired...one day is just like the next...so it's 9 Sunday night for me....coolio...

Can we see some fuud???? :neutral:

AJ, did you fall asleep? I know it's past 8 there.

Yeah AJ... You throwin down tonight? or tomorrow?

I will be gettin it on tomorrow, whilst properly "lubricated".

Where is KeyboardKid???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back