• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fluro's and chilli's

hello,,i grow outside and only use a few fluro's and a heat pad for seeds and clones,, but its winter and want to grow a few plants indoors, Now im not reallly allowed to use HID anymore as have a habit of growing other things i shouldn't so promised wouldn't use HID anymore at home..

so got a grow tent for a guy's system i am setting up and fell in love with it, now im getting 1, 1 x 1 x 2M (i haven't told yet)

ok the Question..
the area is 1M x 1M.. will a 100W Energy Saver Lamp(400Watts of Fluro) @ 6400K cover that area sufficent with light to grow plants to maturity ?

thanks

I am not familiar with the light you are talking about. Remember, the wattage is just how much it is going to cost you to run. How many lumens does the light put out?

sounds like about 30000 lumens that is alot of bright light !!!!!!! my flour. puts out about the same amount and it does and excellent job ...

My 4' X 4' Grow box lighting produces right at 40K lumens (8 T-12 40 watt and 5 43 watt CFLs)...that is in combination 15K lumens (2700K), 12.5K lumens (4100K), and 12.5K lumens (6500K)...

I may add more for this coming winter....at least another 5 CFLs...

the 100w (actual wattage) flouro is totally enough for a 1m x 1m area but as long as you know you will propably only be able to grow 4 - 8 plants in the limited space depending on how big you want them. but the flouro you are using is good enough for... other ? plants : ). so you might as well use HID :D. LOL. a 400w MH and a 600w HPS would be good enough for that application. or so i have been told, i hope they are right because i'm using that atm : ).

If you haven't bought the lights yet, check out LEDs. They are becoming more common and are exceptional for growing plants. I'm using a 128 10MM bulb light now on a tomato plant and though it has not flowered, I'm getting fantastic foliage. I have about 10 peppers and four eggplants seedlings under a 226 bulb (3MM) light and am happy with their growth, especially their foliage.

They are a bit pricey, I paid $80 for the strong light and $20 for the 226 bulb unit, but they use very little wattage (43 and 13) and are supposed to last for at least 50,000 hours.

One thing about them - the plants require a lot more water so they ought to be great to use with a hydro system.

Mike

Hippy Seed,

That light shows quite a bit of green spectrum light, which is wasted on plant growth. Also, since it is round, even with a relector, a substantial amount is not going to reach the plant.

I would put the LED at the top and use two of these on the sides if you want to really bomb the plants with light.

Mike

oh cool, thanks Omri as i found all the Jolokia from frontal agritech on ya site, i have a friend over there in the next province whom ill try to get some of those varieties if can..

and the fluro is cool, as change of plan sort of,, ill put my fav Morich,Bih and Savina in (plus the lil Scorpions,7 pods and Bhut seeds) then in a few weeks, take a heap of clones. buy the time they ready, should just be about spring, the seeds should be decent sized plants ready to go in yard,, then be a most joyous Spring :)

well thats the plan anyway hahaha

thanks guys..

Back