• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Anyone grow those miracle fruit/berries?

These are those berries that will make sour stuff taste sweet. They say it will make taking a bite out of a lemon taste like lemonade..

I'm thinking about growing some, anyone have any advice on suppliers of seeds? About how long does it take to go from germination to fruit?

From what I read they like acidic soil, and high humidity. Any thing else someone should know before growing them?

Thanks!

No, but I will be following this thread because I want them. I might be able to grow one with my pitcher plants.

Edit: Three years before fruit. F*ck that unless I can find a cuttings. If I do, I'll post them here.

heres a little help.. DONT BUY the after market ones...lol.. HOME DEPOT .com  has them $20 for mature plants about 2-3' LUSH of leaves.. some already came with a fruit.. and some with tons of buds/flowers...

what i do is i add 2 plants $40 and add somethign $10 to either pick up or delivery.. and return the filler item and or other plant you dont want

Hmm KD it didn't even cross my mind to try HD. I'm going to continue doin some research and I'll try to post back when I get the seeds/plant.

Oh, I've been thinking about growing these, but the plants on Home Depot sounds like a better deal than waiting 3 years! Ordered two and some insecticidal soap for free shipping. Thanks!

My two came in today! Just wanted to share the photo. :)

f1l4omK.jpg

One even had a berry!

dB7oDf2.jpg

I find this really interesting, but they are REALLY hard to find in europe, and banned in a few countries as well. Found a decent and cheap supplier in Thailand (20 USD for two 9 month old plants incl. shipping). But they are tiny, and takes years of growth.. I really wish I could have them as easily accesible as you!. 

Im surprised that home depot has these plants, I wish our equivalent of home depot had them! they are quite hard to get hold of here in New Zealand. I have seen a 6ft tall plant absolutely covered in berries here tho!

Looking pretty good! 
I have had my plant for a month now, and it is doing okay. Check my Glog for details, I will update soon again. 
Its mostly looking good. Some leaves have yellowed and dropped off, and I assume it is due to too little sunlight - the winter season is troublesome.

Your plants seem to be coping allright, but hardly thriving well. I guess you could apply different conditions for the plants, to see if you can find that optimal growing condition :)

Back