• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Ripe Reaper and Scorpions

Here's some of my first ripe superhots this year.  I got these plants from chileplants.com in the beginning of may and they have done great.  I pruned all my pepper plants a bunch, mostly the garden ones because they were getting tall and limbs were breaking.  The potted plants are doing much better, enjoy!

excellent pods! Let them sit for a bit longer to get that deep red color. I know it's hard with the first harvest!

nice plants. so far I only have 2 superhot pods growing on my plants. one is a moruga and the other is a bhut. I have flowers but so far I think the 95-105* weather we had for a couple weeks caused a problem with my plants. I lost a dozen bell pepper varieties with this hot weather.  

Beautiful!!!  "I pruned all my pepper plants a bunch, mostly the garden ones because they were getting tall and limbs were breaking." - Ya gotta love NC weather. My Reaper pods are the size of lady bugs.

ColdSmoke said:
excellent pods! Let them sit for a bit longer to get that deep red color. I know it's hard with the first harvest!
It is hard, especially when I see stink bugs scratching at them!  We need a predatory bird to eat those suckers and get rid of them forever!

SavinaRed said:
nice plants. so far I only have 2 superhot pods growing on my plants. one is a moruga and the other is a bhut. I have flowers but so far I think the 95-105* weather we had for a couple weeks caused a problem with my plants. I lost a dozen bell pepper varieties with this hot weather.  
My 2nd year bell isn't doing as well as I had hoped either, we've had some weird weather recently, was down in the 60's and rainy for a couple days.

Delta said:
Beautiful!!!  "I pruned all my pepper plants a bunch, mostly the garden ones because they were getting tall and limbs were breaking." - Ya gotta love NC weather. My Reaper pods are the size of lady bugs.
Send them down, I promise I'll send them back up when they're ready :)

Back