smokers Ok, here's the last smoker I am ever going to get:

Ok, here's the last smoker I am ever going to get:
20140726_181211_zpsyd9de0bd.jpg

And I know it's not ribs but I didn't take a picture of them, here's the chicken I did on Sunday:

20140803_185945_zps0i4dinuw.jpg

The Hot Pepper said:
Awesome chicken and smoker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LD, it says Meadow Creek on it,. Here it is! http://meadowcreekbarbecue.com/docs/7280_Meadow%20Creek%20Welding%20Insert-R.PDF
I couldnt read that thanks
AldenMiller said:
Yep, Meadow Creek BX50. My Oklahoma Joe was 14 years old and the firebox completely rusted out. I went a little overboard but man is it nice! As a side benefit I had some awesome smoked chicken salad for lunch!

-Alden
That Gravity fed water supply is kick ass too 

That smoker looks kickass. Small footprint, but huge ass smoker. Perfect for tiny backyards. Looks very well made. SS grates. Dual temp gauges. Water supply (no spritz/mop needed). Nice!

From the specs...
Overall 66"H x 44"W x 34" D
• Smoking chamber internal dimensions
29"H x 24" W x 20"D
• 13 Ga. double wall with 1" insulation
• Two flat-free tires
• 2 locking casters
• 625 lbs.

Not just heavy gauge metal, but double wall and insulated! This thing will pay for itself in low fuel/wood costs.

625lbs! - To quote the THP Boss - OHH YEAHHH!

That's the real deal folks. I hope free delivery was included. ;) :)

They are two hours from my house. So delivery cost was about 14 gallons of diesel and a drive in the country. My wife asked how we were doing after a friend and I unloaded it. My comment was "we didn't die". I actually went in looking for a more traditional smoker and when I saw this I changed my mind. Like I said, last smoker I am ever buying so I wanted to make sure I did it right.

-Alden

did I read the specs correct? it takes 20lbs of coal for 8 hours of cooking @ 250*. if thats the case it uses allot of coal but its a really well made smoker for sure. congrats !!!

So far I have found that it will run for 5+ hours on two weber charcoal cans of charcoal. My OK Joe would have been running on fumes in that amount of time. I haven't tried an eight hour smoke yet but that will be in my future. I am thinking Boston Butt, Brisket, whole Turkey...

-Alden

Back