• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Hotter than Reapers?

So, I found one of my new favorite peppers, ironcally, turned out to be the one that I thought that I would use the least. Love the Reapers. Great flavor, and the heat has become acceptable. I even got 2 of my co-workers into making hot sauces, and now we are looking for new varieties. Can anyone point me towards hotter varieties, and different flavors? And maybe even hook me up with some seeds?

Thanks in advance!

Douglah x Butch T is an absolute screamer!
Jay's Red Ghost Scorpion kicked my A**, too!!
Judy (PepperLover) has an astoundingly hot 7-Pot Chaguanas that wrecked my taste buds and guts were on fire 10 hours later!
+1 on the Red Brain Strain, that one got me to stop eating whole nuclear hots for 3 years :)

Primo's from the right source will bruise your ego and taste pretty dang good too.
Reapers are inconsistent,over rated and just plain unstable
Or should that be the other way around ? :rofl:

While they might not be as hot as reapers, 7 pot madballz are one of the most painful peppers I've eaten. Great flavour as well.

TNKS said:
Primo's from the right source will bruise your ego and taste pretty dang good too.
Reapers are inconsistent,over rated and just plain unstable
Or should that be the other way around ? :rofl:
Can't agree with you on that one... Reapers are one of my current favorites, and I've introduced several work mates to them, with equal measures of agreement. Can't say if they're inconsistent, but I absolutely love the flavor from the plant that I have.

I had some Primos, and the burn profile of those seems to all be in the back of the throat. A most unpleasant burn for me...

+1 Douglah or Brown. I had douglahs from Vlad and Jungle Rain- killers. Judy's Yeloow 7s an Yella Brain strains and others were killer. The Dorset Naga can be tasty too. Neil Smith's and Butch T's Scorpion are pretty consistently hot.

I haven't had the Reaper yet, but I have had alot of things up to and including the TS Butch T.

Having said that, the Infinity *clearly* hurt the most, just plain and simply everywhere in the mouth. I wouldn't want to do that again ...

Incidentally, a question for Swartmamba, what are

all of judys new creations

:?:

Regards,

Tim

teejay said:
I haven't had the Reaper yet, but I have had alot of things up to and including the TS Butch T.

Having said that, the Infinity *clearly* hurt the most, just plain and simply everywhere in the mouth. I wouldn't want to do that again ...

Incidentally, a question for Swartmamba, what are

:?:

Regards,

Tim
choc brain
choc lava
choc butchT
choc primo
brown moruga

they are in the promotion forum all the way at bottom

Thanks juanitos - didn't think to look there :doh:

Going back to the OPs question, I now remember that I have seen one particular reviewer go for the chocolate reaper (which he claims it is most likley to be) and say it is clearly hotter than the "standard" and very very floral.

Regards,

Tim

I think the biggest problem w/ reapers is the inconsistency in heat, I've only eaten 10 reaper pods from 2 different sources and those 10 pods ranged from face melting to a warm Santa Ana breeze, consistently I have found douglahs, brains, primoswere always face melters and then the douglah x moruga and douglah x butch t were nothing short of small portable thermonuclear devices that explode when the hit your tongue!

Where does the jigsaw rank amongst the superhots?

Is it perhaps a good answer to the question of hotter than a reaper ?

(Growing both types this year - hope to tell for myself ;) in a few months or so)

One of my pepper buddies ordered in some jigsaws acouple weeks back
Set up the camera to attempt a pro style review,he has eaten less then 10 top rank pods
:31 into the vid,all future super hots are off his list for life ;)
After 10 min on the phone with his wife(she blamed me) he headed to the ER
Nothing serious outside of a brutal body burn :rofl: he was warned not to
His wife trashed the other pods so I lost my shot at seeds :crazy:
He ate Reapers and agreed they were intense,the jigsaw completely over whelmed him with in 30 sec :violin:

Cant wait to snag some seed and get them growing here

teejay said:
Where does the jigsaw rank amongst the superhots?

Is it perhaps a good answer to the question of hotter than a reaper ?

(Growing both types this year - hope to tell for myself ;) in a few months or so)

Jigsaw is a hot mutha. But it's one of the best tasting supers I've had. Can't wait to get some more.

I haven't had a whole lot of reapers, but I have had enough to say definitively they are not the hottest I've had by a long shot. There are some crosses floating around out there that are not only on par with a reaper, but above it. I have no idea on the Scoville content of a Brazilian Ghost pepper, but as far as the way the heat hits, that thing would be Mike Tyson. Judy's chocolate moruga hits harder than a reaper. And so does a cross I got from Joemama. It was a naga x congo that is like swallowing a blast furnace. The problem is with most of those extremely hot ones is the flavor is usually pretty bad. Either way floral, or extremely bitter, or a nasty combo of both. The jigsaw is an exception to that. It actually has a flavor I like.

solid7 said:
Can't agree with you on that one... Reapers are one of my current favorites, and I've introduced several work mates to them, with equal measures of agreement. Can't say if they're inconsistent, but I absolutely love the flavor from the plant that I have.

I had some Primos, and the burn profile of those seems to all be in the back of the throat. A most unpleasant burn for me...
I am not a fan of a throat burn either, I prefer it all or mostly all mouth burn. The Primos I have does not seem to do that, but it might be different for others. If your interested I can give you some Primo and Douglah seeds.

Back