• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Anyone tried Black Label Reserve El Yucateco Sauce?

I just saw El Yucateco Black Label Reserve at Walmart.  I was wondering how it compared to their other Habanero sauces?

Looks like a new offering. I haven't seen it in stores yet, but I'll look for it this weekend. Thanks for the heads-up!

As for the lead, it was trace amounts in a small sampling of one flavor. I'm not going to say that any amount of lead is healthy, but given the amount of produce from across the border I wouldn't worry too much about a bottle of hot sauce.

10527276_10152153731682315_8097096205915700409_n.png

HEY! I tried it. It isn't very hot, but it's very flavorful. It might be less hot than Fire sauce at Taco Bell. Mainly the ingredients are habanero peppers and citric acid, so I figure something weird happened to the peppers to make it taste so smokey and savory. Like they were smoked or whatever. Pretty tart from the acid. It's ink black and has little flicks and flakes in it. Overall.... p cool?

sicman said:
i will not use there products.  it contains lead.
i stopped using there products too since this, i have enough health problem without adding to them, i dont know what the company did about the issue if anything much but i will prolly never use there stuff again, sad shame too i used to really like there "KUT BIL IKDE" Hab sauce

Hey there Chilebrown! 

and :welcome: to THP! 

You'll have to bring your bottle by the FM sometime so I can try it. 
;)

Ps - while I'm also a fan of their sauces, I find that they're a little heavy handed with salt in the whole lineup, so I'm not that surprised to hear that. 

Hey Lucky Dog Hot Sauce, I will bring it by. Hopefully you will be selling your Verde sauce soon. Ms. Goofy is going to take the Lucky Dog Hot Sauce poster and have it mounted and finished for hanging. She wants to display LDHS in our abode. See you soon.

Had it today. Really good. Love the smokey taste. Only problem is, it could use some more heat. I used half a bottle on one taco and one small burrito. If they would give it a little more heat like the Kutbil-Ik I would not use as much, and it might last longer. I gave this brand up with the lead scare, but could not resist tasting this one. Looks like they got me back again. Ah whats a little lead when it tastes this good! 

Ok, curiosity got the better of me.

1. Heat = 3/10? 3.5 maybe?
2. Flavor = it's an interesting sauce but it tastes mostly like burnt char.

I am pretty sure this is a traditional style sauce from some region or other as I've had something similar at a taqueria before. But I wasn't a huge fan then either. The version of this style sauce I had was a deep red - the black is interesting.

So I'll just say it's not really for me & leave it at that. Normally I'm a big fan of this brand & was excited to try a char roasted sauce from them. But it's mostly char flavor, which to me tastes burnt-ish.

But some folks love that flavor and this would be an excellent sauce for those who do. :cheers:

would love to try this  sauce.

as for lead talks....well I can bet you've consumed the same amount of lead particles in your life, or if you shoot, or are an old timer.... as to what might be in that bottle of EL..
now since you want to be healthy......lets talk about the pesticides and what not in the sauces you buy or the foods you buy ...etc....aside from EL...

In short your F'ED anyways you want to think it ! when it comes to the politically masterminds telling you whats safe an whats not safe. !
BTW if you shoot guns you'll consume more lead than whats in that EL. hot sauce !!
the other question...are you really consuming that much lead through shooting ? !
next question since such a small amount....do you really F'ING CARE ??!!

Back