• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Capsicum lanceolatum

12894806155_0edbfcc6c1_c.jpg

13230998855_26af9eba19_c.jpg

14106654261_61fab9bb25_c.jpg

14118095716_aeac8a8cf9_c.jpg

13525395705_2281c82f9b_c.jpg

13525509033_86611bcfc8_c.jpg

14701508444_21b7d1167a_c.jpg

14694861349_2d5a2d5ce0_c.jpg

14881466425_386c3b33e9_c.jpg

14881137442_60ed00977b_c.jpg

Bump please?

Really nice John, the teeth on the calyx reminds me of one they call C. recurvatum where the teeth are curved backward, but C. lanceolatum have nicer flowers and the long leaves and fine hair is very nice also. I have seen C. friburgense with its red bell shaped flowers was very nice also I have made up a new small list of rare species, I may not get them all but I will gladly pay what ever they ask as I'm sure they are well worth the time and trouble to get them. The Italian site has several that I sure would love to add to my collection I'm hoping that someone will have some that I can buy or trade for,  although it looks like they already have quite s seedbank going for them. Maybe one of the botanist there will part with a few seeds and make a old man happy.

Thanks, took one look at those seeds and started to panic. Thought I was having another flashback.

Everything about that plant is a amazing. The blossom is mind boggling. The dang seeds look like they're from Krypton lol. And its hairy!?!
 Will those cross with a manzano/rocoto??

AZ-Mason said:
That's one awesome plant! What was the taste and heat on the pods like?
Mildly sweet and the heat was zero. Just a tiny little tickle. This is for a hobby grow,not really an eater.

MeatHead1313 said:
Absolutely amazing photos! Especially the macro's. Beautiful plant and pod too. Looks like it'd be juicy!
Thanks mate. One of the coolest plants I have grown.

Dragonpeppers said:
Wow! Nice
Thanks

wildseed57 said:
Really nice John, the teeth on the calyx reminds me of one they call C. recurvatum where the teeth are curved backward, but C. lanceolatum have nicer flowers and the long leaves and fine hair is very nice also. I have seen C. friburgense with its red bell shaped flowers was very nice also I have made up a new small list of rare species, I may not get them all but I will gladly pay what ever they ask as I'm sure they are well worth the time and trouble to get them. The Italian site has several that I sure would love to add to my collection I'm hoping that someone will have some that I can buy or trade for,  although it looks like they already have quite s seedbank going for them. Maybe one of the botanist there will part with a few seeds and make a old man happy.
Good luck getting that stuff. I would make some connections in S.America for those. I stick to the released species floating around in our circles. Not worth getting in trouble to me.

hogleg said:
Thanks, took one look at those seeds and started to panic. Thought I was having another flashback.

Everything about that plant is a amazing. The blossom is mind boggling. The dang seeds look like they're from Krypton lol. And its hairy!?!
 Will those cross with a manzano/rocoto??
26 chromosomes. They will not cross with pubes.

Yeah John, I figure I will need a connection in South America to get them, but it never hurts to ask around, who knows what time might bring. I knew Allen Boatman,John Fielder and Chris Chapman long before I came here, but they are all Americans. Maybe its time to reach out to other members and Botanist to see just what can be obtained.

Back