• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

What is a 'Floral Taste'?

I have had jalapeños and habañeros, and both have a plain almost "grassy" taste to them. Is this the same thing as a 'floral' taste? Also, some say peppers taste citrusy. Obviously not like a lemon or orange, but what do you mean by citrusy? Sweet, sour, tart, etc.

I tried my first brazilian starfish the other day and understood for the first time what fruity/citrus taste with some sweetness meant with a hot pepper. It was amazing tasting.

floral -> flowers -> perfumy

citrusy, I don't know, I find that one self explanatory. 

SavinaRed said:
I tried my first brazilian starfish the other day and understood for the first time what fruity/citrus taste with some sweetness meant with a hot pepper. It was amazing tasting.

Did you grow it?

I find that overwhelming perfume smell only in chinense and specifically the supers.

Juanitos is kinda right. Order yourself a box of supers and you will KNOW what floral perfume is.

The Hot Pepper said:
floral -> flowers -> perfumy

citrusy, I don't know, I find that one self explanatory. 
wouldnt floral be self explanatory also?

it means flowers ghost face killer

juanitos said:
most people i know don't eat flowers  :rofl:

if you make video reviews and post em here i'll send you a few  :whistle:

You got a deal  :dance:
sicman said:
wouldnt floral be self explanatory also?

it means flowers ghost face killer

Siiiiiiick duuuuude

obeychase said:

You got a deal  :dance:

updated on post 16

contract:
1. juanitos will send peppers to obey chase:
  • Carolina reaper
  • moruga scorpion
  • Brazilian starfish
  • white habanero
  • chocolate habanero
2. obeychase will make a video for each variety displaying the pod, eating the pod, and describing the taste (5 separate videos shot in landscape so it looks good on youtube lol)
3. obeychase will upload to youtube and post on thehotpepper for everyone to see

all or nothing bro, do you accept?
:party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:

juanitos said:

contract:
  • Carolina reaper
  • moruga scorpion
  • Brazilian starfish
  • white habanero
  • chocolate habanero
2. obeychase will make a video for each variety displaying the pod, eating the pod, and describing the taste (5 separate videos shot in landscape so it looks good on youtube lol)
3. obeychase will upload to youtube and post on thehotpepper for everyone to see

:party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:

Pretty nice challenge there my friend. Since the hottest pepper I can eat is about half a habanero, I don't think I'll be a good candidate for the reaper or scorpion. I WILL review the starfish pepper and the chocolate habañero pepper.

It's up to you if you wanna send em out or not. Just know, I'll only review the choco hab and brazil starfish. I'll dehydrate the reaper and moruga to use. They won't end up in the trash hahaha.

obeychase said:

Pretty nice challenge there my friend. Since the hottest pepper I can eat is about half a habanero, I don't think I'll be a good candidate for the reaper or scorpion. I WILL review the starfish pepper and the chocolate habañero pepper.

It's up to you if you wanna send em out or not. Just know, I'll only review the choco hab and brazil starfish. I'll dehydrate the reaper and moruga to use. They won't end up in the trash hahaha.
hmm ok what about this then.

contract:
  • prik chi faa
  • habanero paper lantern
  • Brazilian starfish (fruity taste test)
  • white habanero (floral taste test)
  • chocolate habanero

:party:   :party:   :party:   :party:   :party:   :party:   :party:

juanitos said:
hmm ok what about this then.

contract:
  • prik chi faa
  • habanero paper lantern
  • Brazilian starfish (fruity taste test)
  • white habanero (floral taste test)
  • chocolate habanero

:party:   :party:   :party:   :party:   :party:   :party:   :party:

Replace the hot paper lantern hab with something within the 30,000 scoville range and you got yourself a deal

Back