• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Buckeye Butchlah

25 minutes ago I ate maybe 1/5 of this Buckeye Butchlah pod. After about 5 seconds my entire tongue and throat was was burning like it has never done before, and my nose was running. This was by far the hottest thing I have ever had. There are many peppers I have yet to try but I can't see them being much hotter than this. I have tried both parents (Butch T and Douglah) of this pepper and this was hotter than those to me. When I cut into it oil poured all over the batman plate it sat on and there was quite a bit still inside the pod halves.Pics do not do it justice and my tongue still burns after 2 glasses of chocolate milk and 4 popsicles

B39Qh7u.jpg
iDsdMcA.jpg
AW4ZZPz.jpg

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Never heard of this one but looks very promising with a cool name.  The oils inside that pod is insane!
It's the Butch T x Douglah cross from this video.  I don't know any one else growing this paticular cross and the seeds came from Buckeye Pepper Company.  Mike and I joked about a name for the cross a while back and he mentioned Butchlah T and I said Buckeye Butchlah has a great ring to it.  We're both from Ohio, so using that and his company name it's perfect :)
Seeds pulled from the pod I posted will be F8's :)

juanitos said:

u know why they dont do reviews anymore? i liked them.
I'd imagine they're extremely busy with their business, family, etc.  I would like to see them do some more reviews.  Perhaps they will see this thread and give you an answer. 

teejay said:
Hmmm, isn't the TS Butch T x 7 Pot Douglah the parentage of the "Sepia Serpent' ?

Regards,

tim
It is, but it's much different than this.  There are many peppers who share the same parents but are world's apart.  Also, this was crossed a while before the serpent. 
I hve one in the mail now on its way to Nigel. 

Reactions: SL3
Back