• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Swedish roof-top chili patch 2014

Hi all!

Relatively new grower here in Sweden doing my first grow from seed this year. Some of it will be retrospective due to the fact that I did not find this excellent forum until a little while ago!

I live in the middle of the capital of Sweden, Stockholm on top of a five story building. So it's a rather urban area to be growing vegetables in..
Combined with short summers and cold weather it is somewhat of a challenge.

I am growing the following this year;

-Chinenses-
Carolina reaper
Dorset naga reaper
White bhut jolokia
Hot paper lantern
Peito de moca

-Baccatums-
Hot lemon drop
Omnicolor

-Frutescens-
Dogo nyoni

-Annums-
Basket of fire
Apache
Black pearl
Chinese golden dagger
Black cobra/Goats weed

-Pubes-
Locato
Giant red rocoto
San isidro

Ok lets get started!

The very begining; Soaking the seeds for 24h in a chamomille and salpeter solution
1.jpg

This was in the 20th of march. A rather late start I realised later on.

After that I used a heated mini-propagator to get them to germinate which went really well.
Next step; ghetto light!
2.jpg

3.jpg

This was 5th of april.

By now the harsh Swedish climate have started to thaw a little a the seedlings can start going outside during the day!
4.jpg

They stayed inside during the night due to the temps going way below 10 celsius during the night
5.jpg

6th of may.

Chilis and other stuff is moving out permanently! 16th of june.
6.jpg

The most prolific and healthy plant (a hot paper lantern) got pampered by a little over 10 gallon container. Strewn some fossils on the earth to keep down evaporation.
7.jpg

Also invested in a couple of quadgrow slims on the terrace. Fantastic product!
8.jpg

29th june.

Current status:
9.jpg

Sometimes it feels like they are taking over the terrace!

Dorset naga is podding up like crazy!
10.jpg

RIght now the temperature is starting to dip quite a bit below 10 degrees celsius (50F) during the night so I probably need to start thinking about what plants to bring inside for the winter soon. Have quite a few plants that haven't produces any decent sized pods at all so I am planning on getting a decent indoor growing area. Space inside the apartment are very limited though so I will need to think it through carefully.

I am trying create some hybrids also, crossed a goats weed with reaper and lantern which seems to be going well.

WELCOME to THP!

Nice attempt for such a northern climate. I was going to say that you may need to start your super hots much earlier in order for them to produce mature pods, say for instance Dec or Jan.I hope you have enough space to bring them inside.

Reactions: Tex
Check out the overwinter thread and after cutting down some you may be able to overwinter all of them for a good harvest next year.

Back