• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Claussen pickles

Thanks for the reminder about removing the pod.

Cool.Seems like everyone is talkin about jays scorpions. Ill have to grow them next season.

I forgot to mention to take the pepper out after a bit. They get friggin hot!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
That is for more than a nice kick....
I'm pickling a few batches of mixed cucumbers sliced, whole garlic cloves, small carrots and sliced jalepenos and serrano peppers. They are all just about in equal amounts. Its my first time pickling anything. I started them on Dec 10th. I'll try one of each vegetable next week to see how they taste. 

I might buy a jar and throw in one of my ripe Caribbean Reds for some kick. Should I cut the peppers in half ?

SavinaRed said:
I'm pickling a few batches of mixed cucumbers sliced, whole garlic cloves, small carrots and sliced jalepenos and serrano peppers. They are all just about in equal amounts. Its my first time pickling anything. I started them on Dec 10th. I'll try one of each vegetable next week to see how they taste. 

I might buy a jar and throw in one of my ripe Caribbean Reds for some kick. Should I cut the peppers in half ?
I put a few slits only. 

Well it's a retail product so not really critiquing anyone. Like Coke v. Pepsi. I love dem pickles. You should try them. They have them at the major chains.

The half sours are awesome!!! 

just love pickles, grew some dark brown cucumbers that made the best pickles, Armenian cucumbers rock in the pickle dept. All these sound wonderful, they don't have that Ba tampte here in Indiana, bet it's good though. Claussen juiced up with extra stuff is divine, have some in the frig, gonna go get some!

I wonder how a chipotle would taste in the brine... that smoky flavor could be awesome. Pickles and smoky food go together.

Never seen Ba-Tempte here, either, and there are many, many Jews living in my area so all the grocers here have kosher products. I'll look for them, though. A good pickle is a good pickle. 

Back