• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Coconut Curry Peanut Hot Sauce

This is my take on a simple Satay sauce.  This sauce can be used as a dipping sauce, hot sauce, or would even be wonderful as a marinade.  Its a very rich savory sauce!  Its very good on chicken and fish.  I havent tried it on red meat yet. 

Ingredients
  • 1 can coconut milk (lowfat)
  • 3 tablespoons chunky "or" smooth peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon red curry paste or chili paste   <--------- I use (one) teaspoon of good curry powder
  • 1 teaspoon fish sauce
  • 3 Red Bhut Jolokia (Ghost Peppers) "Pureed"    <-------  Can substitute your favorite peppers, I have used Red Moruga also. 

Preparation

In a small saucepan, bring the coconut milk to a boil. Stir in the remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes, until the peanut butter has melted and the mixture is thickened. Serve hot, or cool and store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.

Please let me know how you like it and please enjoy! 

This is also a good marinade for meat that goes on the grill, I have marinated both chicken and pork in this sauce and put on grill.  Hope some other people are willing to give a try and maybe enjoy it like I do. 

Ha! Yep. I ignored all kinds of stuff, apparently. I had to go back and look.... I must have really zoned in and stopped on peanut butter and chili paste...

At least you didn't just zero in on the curry paste and fish sauce. Then you would be eeeewwwing with the rest of us.

But in all seriousness that seems like a great sauce/marinate.

Back