• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Want A Truly Meaty Sandwich, For $10.00?

According to the Washington Post:

Arbys faced a key problem as it moved to attract customers: People thought the restaurant served mainly roast beef. To change that, the company made this poster showing a tall stack of every meat on the menu, from bacon to brisket.

1C302E9E-EEC9-4B39-9396-EFBCD257B6A1_zps0pohglrx.jpg

And then something unexpected happened.

People started coming in and asking, Can I have that? said Christopher Fuller, the companys vice president of brand and corporate communications. So Arbys began granting their wish.

The Meat Mountain, as its called, will not be listed on the menu, but store associates will make it for customers who ask. The price is $10. For that, you get a bun and, from the bottom up:

2 chicken tenders
1.5 oz. of roast turkey
1.5 oz. of ham
1 slice of Swiss cheese
1.5 oz. of corned beef
1.5 oz. brisket
1.5 oz. of Angus steak
1 slice of cheddar cheese
1.5 oz. roast beef
3 half-strips of bacon

67EC2926-4112-46B8-9296-10E8E2058538_zpsdtqva6tt.png

All I can say is, I'm going to make sure I'm dang good and hungry when I belly up for one, but no fries, they'd just get in the way and I'l hate having to throw them in the trash can :)

haha cool info

i never really liked mixing all kinds of meats, i like to taste each individually and savor the flavor.

I like their Reuben too but my Grandparents ruined me about Thousand Island dressing on one though. My Grandmother used to make hers with a Horseradish sauce she made and that's the only way i really like them to this day. Arby's Horsey Sauce does the trick 

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
I would eat one of these.
And while Arby's isn't my favorite restaurant, the Reuben isn't too bad and it's the only place I know where can get one outside of a deli.
I may have to find an Arby's tomorrow. If I do I'll photograph and report the results.

You can still get a reuben at Togos

Rymerpt said:
You can still get a reuben at Togos

If I recall correctly, it's not on Rye bread at Togos, so I don't consider it a Reuben. And my local togos only has pastrami, not corned beef. Also not a Reuben. 

To me, a named sammich cannot be altered. Togos has a "pastrami sammich with sour kraut". 
(Ps - if your Togos has an authentic Reuben with corned beef on rye, I am truly jealous. lol)

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I heard about this yesterday. Not really that big in terms of weight. I have eaten bigger burgers for sure.

Bigger burgers!? I don't think I could even eat 1/2 of that Arby's one pictured, lol.

Verivus said:

Bigger burgers!? I don't think I could even eat 1/2 of that Arby's one pictured, lol.
It is less than a pound, picture makes it look huge. Most of the meat pictured is less than 2 oz each if I recall correctly. 

We used to have a Lenny's Sub Shop around here that was really good till it changed hands or something and the quality went down. They finally closed up shop. They had a pepper relish that really rocked. It wasn't hot but it had a really great flavor and was perfect on their subs.

If I recall correctly, it's not on Rye bread at Togos, so I don't consider it a Reuben. And my local togos only has pastrami, not corned beef. Also not a Reuben. 

To me, a named sammich cannot be altered. Togos has a "pastrami sammich with sour kraut". 

(Ps - if your Togos has an authentic Reuben with corned beef on rye, I am truly jealous. lol)
So true. Call it something else. I can't count the number of places that puts cheese on a French Dip. News Flash, it isn't a French Dip when you put cheese on it. I now ask what goes on a sandwich, since I can't count on the menu being accurate, nor the name.

Orekoc said:
So true. Call it something else. I can't count the number of places that puts cheese on a French Dip. News Flash, it isn't a French Dip when you put cheese on it. I now ask what goes on a sandwich, since I can't count on the menu being accurate, nor the name.
I cringe when I order a named sammich and the waitress asks me 20 questions.

"Do you want corned beef or pastrami?"
I want a Reuben.

"Do you want rye, wheat, sourdough or white bread?"
I want a Reuben.

"Do you want..."
Goddammit
:doh:

I cringe when I order a named sammich and the waitress asks me 20 questions.

"Do you want corned beef or pastrami?"
I want a Reuben.

"Do you want rye, wheat, sourdough or white bread?"
I want a Reuben.

"Do you want..."
Goddammit
:doh:
At least they ask. I usually find out when it arrives that they made it wrong.

I also love how they can't follow instructions. What to they think no pickle means? Yeah, I don't want it on my sandwich but give me a big slice of one with it juices leaking all over my plate? No Pickle means NO PICKLE ANYWHERE! I've started telling the wait staff that when I say no pickle and there is one on my plate, there will be no tip. Period. And I tip well I might add.

Back