• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Talk to be about cooking with Manzano's

So my only real experience with these peppers is a single pepper that a member here sent me that sat in a box for a week before I was able to munch. It was still amazing.    Any ideas on using these? I'm right on the edge of having a ton of them. I was going to make a puree but any other ideas? tonight I am making a pizza with sliced manzano,walla walla's and fresh garlic.  Thanks for any ideas

Those can be good in a salsa.

And for dang sure, I'd stuff a bunch of em' for poppers.

Here's a notion.

Saute' some up with onions and a shit-ton(official SoFlo measurement) of garlic and olive oil.

Load that up into some large ramekins.

Whip a couple eggs with some cream and toss in some shredded cheddar or blue cheese crumbles.

Pour that into the ramekin's and mix it about and then bake @350 for 15-20 minutes.

Let that sheeit cool a bit after you take it out of teh oven.

Crack a hosky & eat it like a pimp.

Diamond in the back.

Sunroof top.

Diggin' the scene with a gangsta' lean.

Admittedly, I grow them, but only occasionally cook with them. I tend to eat them raw or as poppers, as I haven't had huge production from them. 

I have a jar of red Manzano's i need to use up and hoping for some suggestions outside a salad ingredient. Once i open the jar, i know there is going to be a certain time frame they need to be used up in.

Ive never cooked with pickled chillies.... would they be suitable say thrown into a pasta sauce or similar?

Back