• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Rootblast

Hey, guys I ordered some Fatalli, and Stevia plant seeds from Reimer seeds on-line. Anyways, they sent me a free pack of Rootblast Growth Formula 2-1-2. I'm leary about adding anything to my plants, but I was considering trying it out. I was wondering if anyone else has used this stuff before and if it's good on pepper plants. I don't want to put it on and have poor pepper production later and good green plants if you know what I mean. If it's good though I'm all for it. Thanks guys.

Never heard bout it.....but that doesn't mean it doesn't work.....I'm always leary of putting anything on any of my plants too.

if anything I be leary of buying from reimer seeds vs using a fertilizer (maybe they got their fertilizer down pat ? unlike their seeds. & 2-1-2 is weak, if mixed properly I dont think you'll have a problem using that fertilizer.
I'd put the fertilzer in the soil not on the plant, maybe read it wrong when ya mention "on the plant"

I always use a cap of root blast for every plant that goes in the garden. It works for me. I've used it for 3 seasons now.
Make sure you mix it into the soil.

chilehunter said:
if anything I be leary of buying from reimer seeds vs using a fertilizer (maybe they got their fertilizer down pat ? unlike their seeds. & 2-1-2 is weak, if mixed properly I dont think you'll have a problem using that fertilizer.
I'd put the fertilzer in the soil not on the plant, maybe read it wrong when ya mention "on the plant"

Yeah, I kind of worded that one wrong. It's supposed to be put in the soil next to the plant, or put near in the hole when you transplant the plant. I guess it's supposed to be used as a root growth tool to help the roots grow larger. I could try it on a plant, but like I said..............I'm always leary about putting stuff besides eggshells, coffee grounds, ect in my soil:shocked::lol: Also, on the seeds I've never bought from them before. I hope all turns out well???

AL C. said:
I always use a cap of root blast for every plant that goes in the garden. It works for me. I've used it for 3 seasons now.
Make sure you mix it into the soil.
If it works for you I'll give it a try. I'll keep you guys posted.

I havent tried it yet, but my brother gave me a huge bottle of the stuff.

Has like 9% Magnesium..that'll be nice for peppers. :)

Here's some shots of the stuff since they don't really tell ya what's in it on the website. Site does say how to use it, and other things...mostly promotional.

rootblast1.jpg

rootblast2.jpg

rootblast3.jpg

Doesn't look bad at any rate.

~QS

I've used it for 4+ years too pretty religiously. I got the giant container for $2.50 at a Walgreens when their gardening stuff went 75% off. :) Can't beat that deal.

Chris

I was wondering when someone would say something about the Reimer thingy...I, for one will never ever buy anything from them again...

do a search on Reimers here and all you will see is negativism...

Willard,

It's not like Reimers created the product, right? Why toss it? I know all about Reimer's bad reputation and wouldn't spend a dollar there if it was the only place on Earth, but why are you connecting this product to their business? Just curious.

Chris

cmpman1974 said:
Willard,

It's not like Reimers created the product, right? Why toss it? I know all about Reimer's bad reputation and wouldn't spend a dollar there if it was the only place on Earth, but why are you connecting this product to their business? Just curious.

Chris

I thought the same thing and I actually appreciate the insight on the seed products from there. However, I think the rootblast will be ok because that's a product made by someone else. I'm not going to throw my seeds out,but I do hope they are up to par. I'll keep this info in mind for the future though. Also, 2 of my plants look like they are struggling and got beat to hell with these storms when I checked them today. They seem like they'll make it, but a good pick me up may be needed. I don't think it'll hurt to try something now. Maybe stronger roots will help them out a little.

chilehunter said:
I"d use the fertilizer (2-1-2), just as long as ya dont over do it with the fertilizer's if mixed with another fertilizer.

Thanks chilihunter. I'm going to refrain from using anything else. IF later on down the road I do use a fertilizer if absolutely needed I'll be sure to post again first. Man these pepper plants are FINNICKY from seeds!!:shocked::lol: It's frustrating, but rewarding.:)

They state not to use wiht other ferts..because may OVER fert..but..I see it as mainly a micro-nute thing since it's 2-1-2, and my main fert is 5-3-4 with vermiculture and shit. Ya just need to balance I guess.

It does have ncie nutes tho.

Rabbit if you have problems growing your seed..none of mine germinated from Riemer seeds just p.m and i will sort you out..hope they grow though and best of luck.:)

talas said:
Rabbit if you have problems growing your seed..none of mine germinated from Riemer seeds just p.m and i will sort you out..hope they grow though and best of luck.:)
Thanks talas.:)

Back