• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Ripening time on TMS

Just wondering how long it generally takes for Moruga Scorpions to ripen? Let's say from flower to red pepper. Any information would be fantastic!

Just so happens that's what I'm growing right now. From the time the flower opens until the time it's picked, you're looking at about a month to 6 weeks, give or take conditions like weather, temperatures, etc. And that's assuming you fertilize and water the plant regularly :)

I have a large Red Moruga plant from last year that has never produced a single pod, the occasional flowers, but never a pod. On the other hand I have several Yellow Moruga's I can't keep up with. Go figure. 

My Yellow's have been like that this year. For every box of Red's I've packed up, I've had 5-6 boxes of Yellows

All my flowers keep falling off. Very disappointed. Very healthy looking plant too. Can't explain it. 

ColdSmoke said:
All my flowers keep falling off. Very disappointed. Very healthy looking plant too. Can't explain it. 
thats my story this year with superhots. I have 1 pod on my TS Moruga that is waiting to ripen and flowers that never turn to pods. the same with my bhut plant. 1 pod that ripened and no other fruit. its now throwing out some flowers so we will see what happens. I have 2 reaper plants waiting to see the first pod on them. they look healthy but the flowers drop right when you thing they will turn into peppers. my habaneros plants all produced a first crop and are now starting a second crop. its a mystery to me as all the plants receive the same nutes and water. 

ColdSmoke said:
Cold, I think the temps have been too hot for them. We've have lots of high 80s - 90s temps. From what I've read, they just won't set in these temps.

Back