• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Kitschaccio F2 (Kitsch x Abbraccio) - Italian/Calabrian style peperoncini a mazzetti

This year I am growing out 25 plants of the F2-generation of a cross between two varieties from STUARD in Parma, Italy - Kitsch and Abbraccio. I am looking for cluster fruit set suitable for cut bunches ("a mazzetti recisi") and earliness since summers here in Denmark generally are quite cold and wet.

Here you can see them all - http://s210.photobucket.com/user/donnie_1978/library/Capsicum/capsicum_2014/Kitschaccio%20F2%20-%20Kitsch%20x%20Abbraccio?sort=3&page=1

These are my favourites...
Hoping this one will turn orange...

Beautiful cross Donnie! Stuard used to have some really nice varieties, too bad Mario Dadomo passed away...
Are you still growing the Nagaquin and Thai Orange x Goat's weed crosses?
They catched my attention in the past years and i would love to grow some!

Cya

Datil

Nulle said:
Nice peppers :P . We can't complain about summer this year.They say it's been the sunniest for 55 years.
 that is correct, but we have been paying the price here in august with cold, wet weather which have stunted growth for me, many plants have rottening/wiltening branches because of the excessive humidity, so I would still say we are struggling to grow capsicum - breeding for earlier, more reliable and interesting varieties is in place I think. But hopefully climate changes can aid slightly too :-)

Datil said:
Beautiful cross Donnie! Stuard used to have some really nice varieties, too bad Mario Dadomo passed away...
Are you still growing the Nagaquin and Thai Orange x Goat's weed crosses?
They catched my attention in the past years and i would love to grow some!

Cya

Datil
 Yes, a great loss Mario is gone... Maybe I will rename this project in his honour if I should succeed in breeding something of interest. Sorry, I have have discontinued to share seeds of my crosses due to bad experiences - I am merely hoping to inspire people to grow their own crosses by showing off mine... I will be posting Nagaquin F4 and Orange Thai x Goat's Weed F5 within a few weeks.

Jamison said:
Stunning! Good luck with everything!
thank you, Sir!:-)

Donnie said:
Sorry, I have have discontinued to share seeds of my crosses due to bad experiences - I am merely hoping to inspire people to grow their own crosses by showing off mine... I will be posting Nagaquin F4 and Orange Thai x Goat's Weed F5 within a few weeks.
Sorry for that, i've been always happy with seeds trade on THP but i understand your feelings...
Your crosses are surely inspiring, looking forward for more pics!

All the best

Datil

Back