• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Productive plant

Hello,

I was wondering what species was the most productive in peppers production ? I mean, if there is one that is known to give a lots of fruits. and easy to make it grow...

See ya boys

There is probably not a good answer to this question, because there are so many factors that will bring out the phenotypic expression of high or low productivity in any one of the species or cultvars of the genus capsicum.  That being said, your standard cayennes, habaneros, orange/red bhuts, nagas, ajis (pineapple or lemon),  7 pots (Douglah, Yellow, Brainstrain... etc), and scorpions (ButchT and yellow IME) all fruit pretty heavily in my experience.

Reactions: Tex
It quite literally depends on the individual plant, the strain, and the climate. Some plants like it more humid than others, and one of my 7 pods needs to be in the shade before it even thinks about flowering, but when it does there are dozens more than the one that likes the sun.

Most fruits or fruit weight or a million other options. Tepins will produce a thousand pods but will weigh nothing. Look through some glog and narrow your options down.

My favorite high yield plant is Hot Paper Lantern Habanero, cant say enough about this one.  I am assuming you are talking about plants that were started from seed in same year and not overwintered plants?  The Aji plants also tend to be good producers as another person has stated. 

If you are looking for more production think about overwintering a couple plants, just my thought on that. 

cheers

You will have to factor in the ever changing Climate, last year it warmed up to near record highs in June and July, this year it was too wet and cold to put anything in the grown till mid June when normally early may we're good to go.  Peppers that normally put out like crazy just sat there looking sad till the last of July when they finally Perked up and started to grow.
One of the best for Production for me last year was the Bhut jolokia but this year I lost mine to the cold climate temps we had.

wild brazil
hot paper lantern hab
aji lemon drop
aji pineapple
aji omni-color
australian lantern hab
white bullet hab
ivory hab
guarani
maraba
orange burning bush hab
ma wiri wiri
cgn24360
cgn 21500
diablito (african devil small fruit species)
indonesian cayenne (kerating)
tonga orange hab
galapagos red hab

these are all species i have grown and know they are wonderful producers from first hand exsperiance

hope this helps

thanks your friend Joe

Back