• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! salsalady's Stuffed Pepper Throwdown

Entree (consider the stuffed hot peppers and their parts only)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
VOTE for who had the BEST stuffed hot pepper entry!

Disqualified parts of the meal have been striken out in the title.

Consider only the stuffed hot pepper as an entree or dessert, not sides, and nothing on the plate that is not a stuffed hot pepper or part of the dish. Of course consider everything that makes the stuffed hot pepper a dish including any sides, sauces, etc. that are a part of it as a standalone dish.

Awesome entries guys!

Lots of votes and 0 comments, ha!

That's okay, it's the voting that counts.

I'm gonna go mull this over.

The entree was fairly easy to vote for as the one (other than my own) I wanted most. The dessert came down to a coin toss - DaQ's and Fiddy's. Fiddy's won the toss, but I really wanted to vote for both!

Certainly won the award for most disorganized posting :D

Ashens dessert got my vote, reminded me of that ol' timey Mexican chili/chocolate drink.

Essegi gets my vote and a like any time he posts anything :rofl:

sweep for Essegi from  me.  

on the savoury side, it was easy vote .. every since I saw Essegi's bonci poppers pizza I knew I was voting for it. 

Dessert was much tougher decision but I am a sucker for a sugar/shortbread type crust. 

i wanted to get in on this one but i was out of town for the weekened getting hammered and barely could move when i got home on sunday.  great job to all and ill have to study a little more before i vote.

Easiest TD vote yet.
No offense to all the other great entries, cause they were Great! But two people brought dynamite to the party. If you've never had Chiles Nogada, there is a little hollow spot in your soul that needs to be filled. Point: Geeme

And on dessert. If you've never had Fried Ice Cream, then there is places you haven't been that you should go to. Point: Fiddy

I almost hate voting for SoFlo all the time but dayumm if those boys can't cook!!

fyi for you all the PA Posse is coming back soon. Wheebz is moving back home, and I am going to finally have some weekends off.

Essegi got both my votes, but I really struggled when I saw frydad4's dessert. I mean fried bacon ice cream poppers with red pepper dipping sauce! Get out of here! Luckily for Essegi I have a bit of a chocolate problem. Oh yes Ashen's chocolate covered habs also got me salivating. 

JayT said:
I almost hate voting for SoFlo all the time but dayumm if those boys can't cook!!

fyi for you all the PA Posse is coming back soon. Wheebz is moving back home, and I am going to finally have some weekends off.

BRING IT ON MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geeme said:
The entree was fairly easy to vote for as the one (other than my own) I wanted most. The dessert came down to a coin toss - DaQ's and Fiddy's. Fiddy's won the toss, but I really wanted to vote for both!

Yeah Fiddy's looked pretty good. It was fairly original. Well execute, and very well presented.  The whole set up have very few flaws.

tough call, all great entries. For me it was cypress's bacon cheesy stuffed pepepers that won me over. For dessert I'll take the poppercicles 

Great TD

I'm going for the "meal in a bite." Joyner's! Also, he used a very hot pepper, not a lot of people bring the real heat in these TDs. That's an Indian meal in one bite with some real good heat. I am hoping that yogurt sauce is on the side like a raita to cool the tongue. I'd dip mine in it. The fact it is not there does not detract. The recipe is posted and it was used as a marinade, so it's still part of the dish. Just pour me some! :)

DaQatz had the best dessert to me. For me, the pepper has to be candied or it's gonna taste like chile rellenos with sweet stuff. I like that it's all one bite (again), and you get the ginger/rum-candied pepper, ice cream, and apple compote in one nice little package. Perfect pepper for that.

KEEP VOTING! LESS THAN 2 HOURS LEFT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back