• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

This Pepper Was Called Sweet Pepper At An International Market

This pepper has very low heat, and the leaves are broad like c. chinese. The store I bought them from calls them sweet peppers and always sells them green except one I found that was half turning. I'm pretty sure the flowers are white like c. chinese or c. annuum. I say this because the pod shape can be confused with c. baccatum.

15008220749_2b909cfb3d_c.jpg

15171973666_d73c6636f6_c.jpg

Edit: I was thinking it was some kind of aji dulce pepper.

Browning said:
No idea but everything about those are strange looking.  Super long stems, bizarre shape.  I like. 

I wasn't paying attention to them and just saw the long stems today. Very strange pepper all around. I didn't think they were c. chinese when buying their pods.

Stems on yours look quite a bit longer, but they have that weird bump above the calyx.  Here's an image from wikipedia for cachucha.  Searching it in google brings up some with short stems as well as longer, but not as long as yours. 
Ajicitos.jpg

Browning said:
Stems on yours look quite a bit longer, but they have that weird bump above the calyx.  Here's an image from wikipedia for cachucha.  Searching it in google brings up some with short stems as well as longer, but not as long as yours. 
Ajicitos.jpg

Good point. The stems on mine are extremely long. I've never seen anything like it, lol.

kentishman said:
Please consider saving seeds and making them available. Seems like there's a lot of interest in this, and folks would like to grow it. I would.

For sure.

meatfreak said:
Looks pretty cool man! To what color do they ripen of?

I don't know yet.

RichardK said:
My Aji Dulce #1 look just like those, heatless and full of Chinense aroma.

Did it have stems as long?

I think the Aji Dulce #1 is a cross between a squash shaped Baccatum variety and some Chinense variety, mostly Chinense genes... Wouldn't surprise me... My Aji Dulce #1's are medium/dark green unripe, dark red when ripe, very long and skinny flower stems... Not too surprised to see some genetic variability in this variety.

This has to be the coolest variety I have seen in a long time. There's something almost ancient looking about the plant, magical even.
Just love those long stems, awesome looking like from another realm.

Back