Announcement: Monthly Pepper Box is a hot sauce of the month club. We're new in town and thoughts w

Hi THP'ers,

I wanted to introduce ourselves.

My name is Andrew and I, along with my brother, run Monthly Pepper Box.  MPB is a hot sauce of the month club that features a new artisan hot sauce maker each month.

From the club member side:
  • Each month we send out at least 3 different hot sauces.  (Typically from a single brand but there will be times when compilation boxes will go out)
  • The box will have either 3x 5 oz. woozy bottles of hot sauce or 2x 5 oz. woozy bottles plus 2+mini hot sauce bottles.
  • We send the box of sauce out each month on the 15th and our first box will be shipped out on Oct. 15th.
  • We are an invitation only club for the moment.  We do this to make sure we don't overwhelm the hot sauce companies that work with us.
From the hot sauce maker side:
  • MPB is a promotional platform that gets your sauces into the hands of hot sauce loving folks.
  • We let each brand decide what sauces get featured.  We like to see a selection that represents what makes a brand awesome and unique.  
  • We are ALWAYS looking for brands to feature so if you are interested shoot me an email at MonthlyPepperBox [at] gmail.com
Check out our site at www.MonthlyPepperBox.com or let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Andrew Flocks

Welcome to THP! I agree this is a great business idea and wish you good luck with this.  Think you'll do just fine if you can get to the right price point doing larger purchases from the sauce makers.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Welcome to THP! I agree this is a great business idea and wish you good luck with this.  Think you'll do just fine if you can get to the right price point doing larger purchases from the sauce makers.
Yeah that is part of the processes.  There is a very chicken and egg scenario.  I have to get a good sized club together to get the good prices for the sauce but I have to have the sauces to ship to get the customers.

Regardless, thank you for the kind words. 

The Hot Pepper said:
I love it when a member's 1st post is an ad AND HE GETS A WARM GREETING!

:D
I was going to make a comment about that.  I have joined other communities that got out the pitch forks because I didn't have 1500+ posts on their forum before I told them what I did.  I can't overstate how much the warm welcome means.  Regardless of anything else, that means the world to me.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
All about how you compose that 1st post! 

html5up...nice twenty theme :) Dig the site layout and good concept 
Thanks.  Those themes are epic and easy to work with.  I am not a designer and I was able to do most of it myself.

PrimeTime said:
:welcome:

When you say "same brand" in a box does that mean multiple bottles of the same exact sauce or brand as in sauce maker?
The brand is ex: "Lucky Dog Hot Sauce"
You'd get Green Label, Red Label, Black Label.
Sometimes mixed brands.

The Hot Pepper said:
The brand is ex: "Lucky Dog Hot Sauce"
You'd get Green Label, Red Label, Black Label.
Sometimes mixed brands.
This.  The idea is to get a variety of sauces from a single brand.  Though just incase we have issues with sourcing a brand we do have wholesale relationships with some larger distributors.  They are a last choice option though.  And I don't think it will be an issue finding awesome hot sauce companies out there.

MonthlyPepperBox said:
Yeah that is part of the processes.  There is a very chicken and egg scenario.  I have to get a good sized club together to get the good prices for the sauce but I have to have the sauces to ship to get the customers.

Regardless, thank you for the kind words. 

I'll sell you sauce wholesale at a decent price regardless of order size. I have no minimum order, and I will do mixed cases. (though I prefer CS qtys, e.g. 12-bottle increments) 

See, that was easy. :cheers: 
Ps - when you get bigger we can talk about a 5% discount for 10+ CS orders. 
;)

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:

I'll sell you sauce wholesale at a decent price regardless of order size. I have no minimum order, and I will do mixed cases. (though I prefer CS qtys, e.g. 12-bottle increments) 

See, that was easy. :cheers:

Ps - when you get bigger we can talk about a 5% discount for 10+ CS orders. 
;)
Easy Peasy!  See why I love hot sauce companies.

Back