• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Con Job

A while ago I bought a batch of seeds, where I cant remember.  But the seeds were supposed to be Trinidad Scorpions.  I went through some struggles and pains with pests, but I finally got them growing and growing big.  Problem is they are all green bell peppers!  So no scorps for me!!!  Damn.  But, I do have a nice batch of Ghost, Jays Ghost Scorps, and Carolina Reapers going.  Damn bell peppers, geesh.

Don't remember where you bought them, or too embarrassed to tell us? lol... no worries. It's happened to us all. I've been Amazoned on seeds as well - bell peppers

I got them from either amazon or listia. I have a drawer full of seeds. My wife is happy about the bell peppers, but I just wanted some scorpions. Oh well, have to look around for some to buy I guess.

DamonlBeaty said:
I got them from either amazon or listia. I have a drawer full of seeds. My wife is happy about the bell peppers, but I just wanted some scorpions. Oh well, have to look around for some to buy I guess.
Watch here, as there are many generous people. Keep posting, some offers are for those who have over 100 or 200 posts. People here want to help those who participate.

Also, there are some wonderful vendors here. I can't provide a complete list, but the ones I've dealt with, just off the top of me head, are PepperLover, SadisticPepper, Buckeye (mmcdermott1).

DamonlBeaty said:
You're welcome. That was by no means a complete list. There are sooooo many good vendors here, I'm trying to spread my $$ around, but it is not easy. I think the list of who is logged on at the bottom of the forum front page has the biz members names in a reddish brown color.

Before you buy, do a search for the vendor here. There are a few that you really don't want to deal with, just, well you know why when you find the threads on them. eBay, Amazon and Craig's list are a big chance if you'll get what you paid for. Don't even bother with taking the risk.

Local nursery had some "Bell" Jolokia last year. It happens... Sometimes its a legit mistake but Ebay, I think they do the switch for sure... And anywhere that by the time you find out what you have its too late to do anything about it.

DamonlBeaty said:
A while ago I bought a batch of seeds, where I cant remember.  But the seeds were supposed to be Trinidad Scorpions.  I went through some struggles and pains with pests, but I finally got them growing and growing big.  Problem is they are all green bell peppers!  So no scorps for me!!!  Damn.  But, I do have a nice batch of Ghost, Jays Ghost Scorps, and Carolina Reapers going.  Damn bell peppers, geesh.
I got what you are looking for.They have little stingers on them too.Just let me know when you want them.

rghm1u20 said:
Probably is the ebay version of Trinidad Scorpion (the Trinidadus Scorpionus Ebayensis).
Ebay seeds are actually pretty authentic. They're authentically a mystey strain other than what your order.

Back