event 2014 Northwest Chilefest- Official Thread

salsalady

Business Member
This is it and the time has come!

Today is a travel day for most of us, tomorrow/Saturday will be the pot luck.

Last time we were at the Kanasket-Palmer State Park, they did not have internet.  Not sure if they do now, so it might be kind of quiet in here until folks get home.

See y'all soon!

Yes the day has come yet again to hang out with our fellow Chiliheads exploring our pepper limits or watching other wither in pain. Last time we held it at this park was filled with memories like those Damm ROCKS in the dark in front of the campsites. I do believe they caused a few scars on some of us in our pepper drunken state. lol.....

See you all there.

Where da hael are all the spicy drunken camping nightime flashlight food pics? Anyone fall over the rocks?

Someone, gitcho ass to a wifi hot spot and posty up some shenanigans!

I'm HERE!!!!

Just got in...5 1/2 hour drive in the SalsaMobile.  Haven't unloaded anything , haven't even looked at the pics.  There was some LateNight shenanigans..... 

wonder what got caught on film~~~~~~~ 

;)   ;)  

Cruizin' in around 6:30 Friday evening,  Hawkeye and sidekick Rory , PaulG and cohort Jered, onefowl1 and entourage, RS67 and Kitty, SmokinJames and his Lovely, were all in the da house!

Didn't take more than an hour and we had hot stuff out for tasting. 
IMG_3603.JPG

Set up for the Pure Evil challenge-
IMG_3607.JPG

IMG_3606.JPG

BLING and the Table Of Doom!
IMG_3608.JPG

IMG_3615.JPG

Pics of goodies-
IMG_3611.JPG

IMG_3621.JPG

Some folks were having a picnic next door, so they were invited over to the picnic shelter by Jared. 
Sharing the Luv~
IMG_3618.JPG

We had several folk stop in and check out the chiles and sauces.  A bicyclist named Alice got some great goods for her chilehead son. 

Other pics-
IMG_3619.JPG

IMG_3620.JPG

IMG_3622.JPG

IMG_3623.JPG

I'm wasted tired back to work and will post over the next couple days. 

JAMES! SO glad you and your Lovey came out.  Your jams are smashing!.  We had a great picnic, latenight Ramen...(sans video....The KID was in charge of that!!!!)  but all is not lost....just mostof it. :(

I think some others have pics and vids to post. 

We had a fantastic time Ann. It was great to spend so much of Fri, Sat, and Sun visiting everybody. The food and drink was out of this world! So many sauces, pods, powders, and dishes. I would HIGHLY advise anyone to come to this gathering of chileheads next year. You won't be disappointed…I promise. Spending quality time with members of this community is pretty special. 

Finally getting a chance to post the few pics I have of the Chilefest.

Jacen and the very large (Scorpion?) plant he grew that was for the Pure Evil challenge winner.
IMG_3613.JPG

Another view of the Table of Doom.  Pods, Sauces, jerky, brined pods, a great variety of goodies.
IMG_3625.JPG

Tacos!!!
IMG_3626.JPG

Pot-o-Beans from Hawkeye, taco meat
IMG_3627.JPG

Yellow (7 Pot?) Spanish Rice from Smokin' James
IMG_3629.JPG

IMG_3630.JPG

IMG_3631.JPG

IMG_3634.JPG

Bump, por favor~

Thanks, Neo~!

Couple of Late Night pics around the campfire.  Chili with all the fixin's, Miss Mona's awesome Strawberry Pretzel Pie, and more hot sauces.  (Of Course!!!  LOL) 
IMG_3636.JPG

IMG_3637.JPG

IMG_3638.JPG

IMG_3639.JPG

3 uninvited party crashers-  They hit the party early (on Friday night) and absconded with s'mores fixin's.  Saturday they came back for more.  Not sure how they liked the 9.6mil Pure Evil ramen that was tossed out to them.  (Yea, most of us know not to feed the wildlife so let that one go~)
IMG_3650.JPG

Sunday Breakfast-
sausages, farm fresh eggs cooked to order ( I know they were farm fresh, I washed the poop off 'em!  ), Hawkeye's Sweet Potato-pecan waffles cooked on the Griswold cast iron, real maple syrup, and my hero PaulG mixing up the liquid vitamins.  Oh Yea!
IMG_3655.JPG

IMG_3656.JPG

IMG_3657.JPG

IMG_3660.JPG

IMG_3668.JPG

I'm trying to upload the PE challenge video, not going well, but I'll keep trying to figure it out~

Friday night we were hanging out at RS67's fire, chatting all around, having a great time.  Chiliaddict and his Lovely made it out in the evening and we all were just getting caught up on everything.  Didn't realize how late it was until the rangers came by at about 11:30.  OOPS!  :lol:

Saturday was a beautiful, warm sunny Washington day, couldn't of asked for anything better.  We didn't have any day-trippers come out, that was disappointing, I know DuvallDave and Kathy had to work, really bummed we didn't get to see them.  Jenni and Cowboy are Spicy Foods newbies and had their first encounter with some of the superhot sauces, pods and such.  Tristan was sampling everything as usual.  We broke out the sour cream early for the samples table.  :lol:  Jared invited folks in the park to come on over and they went away with some goods.  Jacen had some brined chile slices that were really good and different than anything we've tried before.  SmokinJames and Hawkeye made some beans and Spanish rice.  Dang that rice was hot!  I can't remember if it was yellow bhuts or scorps or 7 Pots, but it was something in that range.  And the Pretzel Pie....always the perfect dessert after a spicy meal. 

We had powder from Joyners, peppers from jacen, PaulG and romy6, jerky from Jared, sliced chiles from Jacen, LOTS of sauces, jams from Smokin' James.....What else am I forgetting???

After getting back to camp, I think there were a few naps snuck in there, we ended up back over at RS67's camp.  Thanks, Walt, for the campfire and s'mores fixin's!  Friday night the raccoons raided the camp and got away with a bit.  Saturday, they came back around while we were doing the Pure Evil challenge.  Smokin'James rocked out the challenge winning the basket of goodies including a 9.6mil Pure Evil, Ghost Fire Hot Sauce, a t-shirt, and sauces from HBD, RedHawk, Sweet Spicy Girl.  Chili including all the extra taco fixin's was dinner.  Easy-Peasy.

Sunday morning breakfast.....Hawkeye's Sweet potato-Pecan waffle mix with real maple syrup....OMG!  Those are SooGood!  and PaulG's Mary's with Pizza Spike (from Pic1? I think?)  definitely hit the spot.  chileaddict joined us again for breakfast. 

My pictures are seriously lacking.....so sorry...

guess y'all will just have to come join us to see all the fun first hand!!!

Should've known the varmits were gonna take off with the smores stuff, suburbanite in the woods........lol

The wife and I had a blast, loved being the party site with the "Tiki Palace". Getting shushed by the rangers is a feather I wear proudly, means we were doing it right and having a blast!

Hey Guys-  the heat keeps spreading!  Check this out-

I had 3 fairly large chile plants (2 t-scorp and a fatalii) that had been over-wintered last year.  The fatalii is actually 3 years old.  Well, this year, I just didn't have room for them, so I posted on the local bulletin board "free to good home" and got a call this morning.  This person said he'd started scorpions, morugas and Carolina Reapers last spring but lost them all to blight or something, so he was thrilled to get ahold of 3 plants, and the fatalii has a lot of pods set.  I was thrilled to hear someone talking our language!   It was like "WOW!  someone other than Scovie and CJ in the Methow know what a scorp and Reaper are!  COOL!"  Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to meet the person, just dropped the stuff off.   

I have all the leftover pods in a veggie-fresh bag in the refer until I can get something made with them.  SalsaDude suggested giving some to this guy...Great Idea!  So I did!  Problem is, I have no idea what the pods are. I left a note for the person to check here and maybe you guys would be able to post the IDs for these pods.

Other than "HOT" :lol: ,,,,what do y'all think they are?  I hope the person will check in here and join the forum. 

IMG_3674.JPG

Back