Anyone selling cayenne (or tabasco or tabasco alternatives)?

Had no luck finding fresh tabasco peppers so trying to find an alternate ... thought I would look for some fresh cayenne pepper pods? Anyone got anything to sell and willing to ship to Canada? Any suggested alternatives to tabasco peppers would also be considered. I was asked to make a barrel aged sauce similar to a tabasco for a friend's wedding next spring so I am not looking for superhots as I need something that he can give as a gift for the wedding party (doesn't want to burn their a** off, lol). Thanks in advance!! :)

I know it isn't going to help you this year, but having been growing hot peppers for several years, I have yet to see many people/ businesses  selling fresh tabasco or cayenne peppers. Most everyone that does grow them just uses them for personal consumption.

Put 1/2 dozen plants in the ground next May and you'll be good to go by this time next year.

Jeff H said:
I know it isn't going to help you this year, but having been growing hot peppers for several years, I have yet to see many people/ businesses  selling fresh tabasco or cayenne peppers. Most everyone that does grow them just uses them for personal consumption.

Put 1/2 dozen plants in the ground next May and you'll be good to go by this time next year.
I planted 6 cayenne plants this year and the summer has been terrible for my peppers. Last year I had a ton, this year very few. Just a bad Canadian summer for me ... next year out of the garden and into pots, see if that improves.

Back