• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

So I bought an Habanero plant from Home depot

Well I have been growing this for around 4 months picked many pods they were OK but not extreme, Since the little plant marker with a picture of the plant showed that the Peppers were green I had been picking them once they got to size and looked like the pic on the label, Well today I noticed a bright orange one so I picked it and ate it right off the plant since the other green ones were not painful-- Well I call false advertising lol That this was hotter then all get out even got the hiccups it continued to get hotter and hotter I'm just now getting over it Holy crap Not sure about flavor but all I could taste was burn felt like hot needles  . I wish I would have know I would have let them all turn Orange!!!! Glad I got new pods on it now will have some nice oranges soon:)       

Yes the green ones give you the flavor without the heat more like a serrano but then when they ripen to orange whamo you get all the heat lol.

ps- maybe I will go pick a green Reaper and eat one lol.

i had some orange habs from home depot and they were nice. i also got my Caribbean Red from them and they turned out true. i also have some others that no way could they be what they were promoting.

Orange Habs were the first true hot pepper I ever ate. Fell in love them and been growing them for 5 years now. This forum is where you come to get real super hots though. The ones that make Habs taste like bell peppers and get you jumping like this... :onfire:

It never occurred to me to eat a green habanero.  Seems like decaffeinated coffee, or non-alcoholic beer.

One or two orange ones on a pizza spice things up nicely.

Back