• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Places to buy pods in Dallas?

In Dallas for a few days and looking for peppers! Anyone know any places? I tried the farmers markets with no luck.

You might be SOL.

You can find most common chile's like 'peno's, serrrano, thai, fresno, and japone's.

Superhots on the other hand fuhgetaboutit.

Hottest you'll find is orange habs.

Central Market in Plano sometimes has dried Naga's and fresh pequin's but thats about it.

Lots of chile heads in and around DFW but all grow their own.

Harder to find than good bbq.

I don't know about fresh peppers, but if you need a hot pepper fix when you are in Dallas, Bryan Street Tavern uses the hottest peppers in the world in some of their sauces.

If your in Dallas and you want super hots Central Market has ghost peppers and a super hot scorpion mix by Westland peppers. They are just packaged in small containers refrigerated away from all the other peppers.

Joemomma is the man and has some excellent peppers along with several others here, too many great people to list.

I can have fresh pods to you in 2 days if you'd like to let me know what your looking for or I could send you a list of what I have.

Good luck in your search.

Seacowboy said:
Joemomma is the man and has some excellent peppers along with several others here, too many great people to list.

I can have fresh pods to you in 2 days if you'd like to let me know what your looking for or I could send you a list of what I have.

Good luck in your search.
Thanks to all that have been posting to this thread!! Great advice all around and I will be sure to check out Central Market next time I am down there!! Unfortunately I was only down there for 4 days and I should have made this thread a week prior to traveling.  

I would love to try any peppers! The only ones I have had to date are (Jalapeno, Cayenne, Manzano, Orange Habanero, Scotch Bonnet, and my one grow of Trinidad Moruga Scorpions) So pretty much just store stuff really. I did eat my first superhot today and I have to say that the TMS pod I had was pretty bitter and a tad perfumy lol. I will definately hit everyone up for peppers as soon as I get my next check if people still have peppers within a week or three haha. Thanks for all the help again!

Back