• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Carolina Reaper question

I have some really small pods on my reaper plant forming now. My question is how big do they have to get before you see the classic pointed tail forming on them ? None of mine have a tail on them. I will try and upload some pics tomorrow.

Attachments

• reaper.jpg
    reaper.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 48
  • reaper1.jpg
    reaper1.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 42
  • reaper3.jpg
    reaper3.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 35
I have one plant that is throwing out odd shaped pods like the ones above, mine are still green yet and I might not get a ripe one as it is getting near the frost date for me. I plan to over winter mine so that it will have a better chance at throwing out better looking pods. Its hard to say just what yours will look like at this point,  especially if they are some of the first pods on your plant, also the weather can cause the plant to throw out a few odd balls.

wildseed57 said:
I have one plant that is throwing out odd shaped pods like the ones above, mine are still green yet and I might not get a ripe one as it is getting near the frost date for me. I plan to over winter mine so that it will have a better chance at throwing out better looking pods. Its hard to say just what yours will look like at this point,  especially if they are some of the first pods on your plant, also the weather can cause the plant to throw out a few odd balls.
ok thanks for the info and the best of luck with OW, I'm going to do the same with this plant and a few others.

Back