A question of rum...

Nope... It's surely gone bad.
If you send it to me I will properly dispose of it and you can buy another. ;)

Yeah, it's still good and you can use it with no problem.
Don't forget the bourbon balls!

I can tell you that 10 year old Baily's Irish Cream should not be consumed. Just take my word for it. Most other alcohols should be fine.

The flavor of wine will deteriorate after a while. A while being different for different wines and storage temps. I here beer does go bad after some time too.

Nova said:
Depends what kind of beer. Most bottle conditioned beer will improve for decades.
That's pretty much of a gross exaggeration. Some high gravity brews like barleywines, imperial stouts/porters, will mellow with a few years aging, but decades? Most bottle conditioned brews of average gravity are best fresh, especially the hoppy varieties.

Nova said:
Depends what kind of beer. Most bottle conditioned beer will improve for decades.
Yeah I wouldn't exactly say that. 10 % abv or up 3 or 4 years COULD be a well aged brew but there are way to many variables.

Well, I was relying on the beer information from friends. I can say based on experience. Beer doesn't like me. I'm sicker than a dog 12 hours later. No matter how much or little I have. My doctor says it is the hops. There is a local microbrew that uses tea instead of hops I've been meaning to try.

Orekoc said:
Well, I was relying on the beer information from friends. I can say based on experience. Beer doesn't like me. I'm sicker than a dog 12 hours later. No matter how much or little I have. My doctor says it is the hops. There is a local microbrew that uses tea instead of hops I've been meaning to try.

I would have guessed it was the yeast, maybe, but I'm no doctor.  Do you have a hops allergy?

Roguejim said:

I would have guessed it was the yeast, maybe, but I'm no doctor.  Do you have a hops allergy?
No. At first we thought it was lactose intolerance, but that is not the complete issue as some dairy doesn't bother while others do. No, hops are a natural laxative, according to my doctor. Well, that is the effect they have on me.

Orekoc said:
No. At first we thought it was lactose intolerance, but that is not the complete issue as some dairy doesn't bother while others do. No, hops are a natural laxative, according to my doctor. Well, that is the effect they have on me.
Dairy in your beer?? How does that happen?

Orekoc said:
  Not to throw any particular brand under the Bus so to speak but what Beer are you drinking?  Since I've homebrewed the beer I drink I have found that the commercial stuff is terrible........ especially the day after!  

Still trying to put my finger on it. 

This was several years back.... But I remember drink some 25+ yr old rum my parents brought back from their honeymoon in Jamaca. Tasted just fine.

Back