• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Aji Jobito from Venezuela

Time for a quick update on this one. I`ve put the review I did last year at the bottom, for comparison purposes.

I have 4 plants grown from the seeds from the real thing shown in the video. All appear to be giving the same thing, photos below. After eating one, it is clearly a Aji Jobito cross. It has around Habanero-levels of heat and I`d say some Bhut or Naga flavors in there, as well. I`m obviously very disappointed, but it also means that those of you waiting for seeds won`t be able to have them this year. I`m very sorry about that. I hope to get seeds that are directly from Venezuela, but it`s going to be another season before I have seeds for people. 

Here are photos of what I`m getting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMS9tb3TyGo&list=UUvpwCBbWBXpc-AzNlkEf8RA

Thanks for sharing another great review Nigel. Always look forward to your videos to see what's new or unheard of to me out there.

That's too bad Nigel. Nothing like caring for something all season only to have it to turn out to be different than expected. 

SL3 said:
That's too bad Nigel. Nothing like caring for something all season only to have it to turn out to be different than expected. 
Oh I don`t know, Steve, it`s kinda cool as long as one plant comes out true or the hybrid has some very good redeeming qualities. This one has great flavour and while I`m disappointed in this specific case, I will probably grow this one out again and see what happens too it next year! 

Reactions: SL3
Still, the Aji Jobito cross you grew out has something beautiful about it , also did I see the traits of indentation at the bottom in your cross too?

justecila said:
Still, the Aji Jobito cross you grew out has something beautiful about it , also did I see the traits of indentation at the bottom in your cross too?
I agree with you Alice and yes, the indentations were present on the bottom of the cross just like the original. I will be growing the cross out next year. 

That's a shame Nigel. Would be interesting growing the seeds from those to see what the next generation throws out ...

Bailey said:
That's a shame Nigel. Would be interesting growing the seeds from those to see what the next generation throws out ...
Yes, it will. Hopefully it will keep the same shape as the F1. The plants are not terribly prolific, kinda like Trinidad Perfume, which for me aren`t prolific, but Ok. 

Back