• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Capsicum Lanceolatum

Here are a few pictures of Capsicum Lanceolatum. I got a few plants of C. Lanceolatum from Walt and got some seeds also so there are seedling pics and adult plant pics.
8eb1d3c5-523a-4ef6-8b83-d069f28e5478_zps6874580e.jpg

Flower bud

f51fc959-16a9-444c-a9c1-4ecb971c1de9_zpsa55d1fdb.jpg

Seedling

9259664b-962f-4ee8-9dfa-d38ab6f1d165_zps0dad3ef2.jpg

Showing the hairyness of the sprout

af98fdcd-b7cc-4a0f-a044-f80fd9b0333f_zps727cbb91.jpg

An old pic of one of the cuttings there is tons more growth now

I will post much clearer non phone camera pics in a little while

I just popped a few of these seeds into some Jiffy pellets last night, well that's a lie actually i had my ten year old minion do it for me.

That last pic, it looks like a second seedling coming up but i assume it is new growth?  Any tips for not killing these? :)

Nice one Robert,  they look almost as fuzzy as my galapagoense seedlings did which looks as if it silver at times from all the fuzz. I brought most of my wilds in as we have had some pretty cool days hit us, but tomorrow its back outside till we get the killing Frost warning.
Did you get more cuttings or where they the same ones you got earlier?

wildseed57 said:
Nice one Robert,  they look almost as fuzzy as my galapagoense seedlings did which looks as if it silver at times from all the fuzz. I brought most of my wilds in as we have had some pretty cool days hit us, but tomorrow its back outside till we get the killing Frost warning.
Did you get more cuttings or where they the same ones you got earlier?
They are all the same cuttings plus two seedlings that recently popped. hoping I can get them to flower soon :pray:

Hi Robert they are pretty nice, did the cuttings root pretty well in water, soil with or without rooting compound?
I still have a few wilds at my sister's that I want to over winter one is in the Ground, but I have been having Back problems that has kept me in the house except for walking my dog. But it looks like we will have warm days and nights again so I will set the ones I have in back outside when I can lift the pots again.    Is C. flexuosum the one that is supposedly cold resistant, or is it the lanceolatum? 
Also has anyone tried grafting cuttings from them that you might know of, I guess this last question is an open question to the other members here also.

Well i got them with a pretty well started root system i know they were rooted in plain water and yes when established and full grown C. Flexuosum can survive really low temps.

wildseed57 said:
Hi Robert they are pretty nice, did the cuttings root pretty well in water, soil with or without rooting compound?
I still have a few wilds at my sister's that I want to over winter one is in the Ground, but I have been having Back problems that has kept me in the house except for walking my dog. But it looks like we will have warm days and nights again so I will set the ones I have in back outside when I can lift the pots again.    Is C. flexuosum the one that is supposedly cold resistant, or is it the lanceolatum? 
Also has anyone tried grafting cuttings from them that you might know of, I guess this last question is an open question to the other members here also.

IMG_5377_zpsc2540683.jpg
IMG_5378_zpsae80e312.jpg

Trying a different approach on this plant it would not keep hold of the buds so im trying to recreate its conditions in nature by bumping up the humidity by misting it a few times a day it is responding extremely well more developed buds and speeding up growth.

Back