• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Homemade bottle labels

How do you hot sauce makers go about making labels for your bottles.  Is there a program you use?  Any recommended printers or label brands?  I come from zero experience.  In fact, I don't even currently own a printer...

After a few seasons of frustration and torture doing my own at home and not being happy I bit the bullet and went to a local printer Minute Man Press. They are a small franchise I think.

Don't think twice.

I went in told them the very limited ideas I had and told them to do something.

About 5 versions emailed to me later its done. 2 sizes.

Wait for it.... So the design that we worked on back and forth for a few weeks with any changes I want done in the future minus pretty much a new design.... $40

$40....

Thats $40....

no minimum print run. I think I paid .60 per 3 x 5. No the price you would get with volume but well worth it to me. 

My story

I'm looking for something easy and cheap.  I don't sell my bottles, just giving them out to friends and family.  I suppose having a print shop make them isn't crazy expensive, but I might be looking to design lots of different labels for all my experiments.

I print mine on standard A4 printer paper 3 at a time. Once printed, I give them three light coats of clear gloss spray paint which makes the color more vibrant.

I don't mass produce them, they are only for the bottles I give away. Still though, it finishes them off nicely.

Cheers......

Back