• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video Video: Pod Test Orange "NOT BBG7"

After watching your reaction and description. I would agree with your id. it seemed to me brain heat comes on faster than any other supers I've had.

hogleg said:
After watching your reaction and description. I would agree with your id. it seemed to me brain heat comes on faster than any other supers I've had.
Yeah it was slightly warm and then **BAM** like Hephaestus had suddenly used my tongue as an anvil.  These things have such a great color to them.
mpicante said:
Cool review on a really nice colored pod.sucks it wasnt what you ordered bbg7,but better than a serrano!
Yeah fortunately that vendor only sells chinense plants, I wasn't getting my hopes up about them growing true.

I think even if you have right seeds for BBG7 your still lucky if you get the desirable pheno. I wouldn't know from experience though. Next year will be my first run with it. I got seeds from Ocho Cinco and his pods looked damn good this year.

hogleg said:
I think even if you have right seeds for BBG7 your still lucky if you get the desirable pheno. I wouldn't know from experience though. Next year will be my first run with it. I got seeds from Ocho Cinco and his pods looked damn good this year.
I also got some seed from Ocho Cinco for next year as his pods are beautiful, and  look like the real deal. But with that said the most painful pod I ate this year was a Bubblegum that looked close to a bubblegum, but it had no calyx and no red bleeding. That pod messed me up!

I watched a few reviews of brains and morugas and I am both excited and afraid that I got those seeds. If I did a review of those I think it would be 10 minutes of me going"AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
Needless to say the first bite will be far from any camera or other electronical device. 

Orekoc said:
I hope you kept seed from them and plan to spread them around.
Oh yeah most definitely, especially since I'm only getting a small amount of search hits on orange brains.
Hawaiianero said:
I watched a few reviews of brains and morugas and I am both excited and afraid that I got those seeds. If I did a review of those I think it would be 10 minutes of me going"AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
Needless to say the first bite will be far from any camera or other electronical device. 
Morugas are hot but sufferable because the heat builds really slowly, This pod burned full effect almost immediately, which may make it seem hotter...I'm not sure.

I would rather this be called NOT BBG7 for many reasons.  This is down the same lines as the Chocolate Reaper from Dale Baker.  Lots of accidental crosses in our gardens but every time it happens doesn't mean we have to give it a name from some unknown lineage. This time of year with the cooler fall temps many red C. Chinense peppers do not fully turn deep red and ripen a lighter shade orange.  Call the pepper what ever you want but be sure to label the baggie correctly.    

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
I would rather this be called NOT BBG7 for many reasons.  This is down the same lines as the Chocolate Reaper from Dale Baker.  Lots of accidental crosses in our gardens but every time it happens doesn't mean we have to give it a name from some unknown lineage. This time of year with the cooler fall temps many red C. Chinense peppers do not fully turn deep red and ripen a lighter shade orange.  Call the pepper what ever you want but be sure to label the baggie correctly.    
No problem Cappy.  I don't even know what the offspring will look like at this point.  I can't really go back and edit the video itself but I can change some of the other labels.  For some reason I figured someone was going to say something about that XD.  I'll have to grow them again next year and see what happens.  I do intend on overwintering one of the parent plants.

AWWWHHH For a minute there I thought you might go into the panic mode, but you hung in there so I have to say that you did a good review most likely better than I could, I got into a really mean one this year and I can say I spent an Hour looking for my Mojo. 
I find that watching someone else getting their puppy spanked is far better than me getting hurt by one.
Good Review.

Back