• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

annuum Farmers' Market Jalapeno From Pepperlover.com

Nice review, I've been growing this one for 3 years now. I did had some variation in shape and corking patron, but last year I finally had a plant that grew true. Here's a couple of pods from it. It takes a very long time for the pods to get ripe, much longer then with an regular Jalapeno. That's why I've overwintered the plant so I could produce more seeds of this very rare variety. John told me he got the seeds from a friend who came across it on a Farmers Market, hence the name. She send the seeds to John and he spread it among a few people in the pepper community.

IMAG3575_.jpg

meatfreak said:
Nice review, I've been growing this one for 3 years now. I did had some variation in shape and corking patron, but last year I finally had a plant that grew true. Here's a couple of pods from it. It takes a very long time for the pods to get ripe, much longer then with an regular Jalapeno. That's why I've overwintered the plant so I could produce more seeds of this very rare variety. John told me he got the seeds from a friend who came across it on a Farmers Market, hence the name. She send the seeds to John and he spread it among a few people in the pepper community.

IMAG3575_.jpg

It's not really a C.Chinense is it? As the image says it is. Annuum no?

Stefan,

Whatcha gonna do with all them seeds?  I see you have many varieties of the Jalapeños on your website, but I did not see this one   :think:   Nice corking, pods, pics, etc.  My wife goes to the Farmer's Market every week and we don't have those peppers.  What can you tell us about the taste?  The same, only different? thanks.

Jim

Eeeeeeee! said:
Stefan,

Whatcha gonna do with all them seeds?  I see you have many varieties of the Jalapeños on your website, but I did not see this one   :think:   Nice corking, pods, pics, etc.  My wife goes to the Farmer's Market every week and we don't have those peppers.  What can you tell us about the taste?  The same, only different? thanks.

Jim

It will be available after the weekend, currently have my hands full with processing the harvests :) or get it at Pepperlover :) it's all pepperlove around here.

This is a bad a$$ looking embroidered variety. I just picked up some seeds from Judy and I can't wait to get these going. How do these taste in comparison to other penos?

cmpman1974 said:
Heat level is on the lower end.  Noticeable, but not the hottest of jalapenos by any means.  Very deep earthy flavor. :)

Chris
+1, spot on. I would like to add that this season the pods I got from my overwintered plant did not had any heat while they did last season... very odd :)

Back