• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Oktoberfest: BYOB Throwdown

Whose is best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
BYOB = Bring Your Own Beer
BYOB = Bake Your Own Bread

The rest was up to them... a German-inspired dish for Oktoberfest. VOTE!

Thanks FD! Old family recipe. Never fails! 

Husker, Husker Husker. Dude. I would Sicman that meal so hard!

I know it said Brautwurst but they look like Weisswurst or Knockwurst. Just the color. No matter. Looks fantastic bro.

And everyone else, I wish we could all get together for these because I want all of your food.

Great TD this month!

Scovie, what happened to the caraway seeds did they all fall off?

The Hot Pepper said:
Scovie, what happened to the caraway seeds did they all fall off?
Haha you caught that. We did two batches of 6 and I love Caraway, CJ doesn't but the batch without them came out of the oven with much better color. (Beter for pictures).

Ohhhhh thanks for explaining, I was like, man, how did they ALL fall off!!!! :rofl:

I love caraway too! Glad to know they were on yours. :D

I laughed when you posted that. :lol: It's true!

That was actually my dad. One of his many hillarios stories.
When he came from Germany to Canada (in 1950) he knew the language well enough but didn't know the English word for Caraway. He was asking the guy at the store about them and all he could think of to describe them was "tiny bananas". So of course for 40 years, I hardly ever call them Caraway. :rofl:

So the bread bowl stew is baked beans with meat laying on top, right? There is no meat in it? Still looking these over but I didn't quite get that one.

The Hot Pepper said:
So the bread bowl stew is baked beans with meat laying on top, right? There is no meat in it? Still looking these over but I didn't quite get that one.

It's a bread TD - - try not to over-think it.  ;)

Yeah okay geeme so I guess all this great stuff that is not bread that was made was for nothing. :lol:

I'm asking the OP if there is meat stewed in it or only put on top so I can judge if I think I'd like it, I'm allowed to ask. I could vote either way but wanna know.

It's only fair to fully understand each dish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back